Easy No Man's Sky question

jamesmiller14

Hoosier Daddy
@Brown
Reaction score
I have searched high and low online for the answer to the simple question and I'm flabbergasted as to why or how I cannot find the answer. Google comma reading through a dozen websites. YouTube, watching 4 videos relating to inventory and crafting, and still no answer to the specific question.

I just started playing the game. I realized very quickly that you don't begin with a lot of inventory space. So I purchased something called a shielding plate which is said to give me extra inventory space. Now it's it's in my inventory and I'm not sure if it's taking effect, or if I have to equip it to my suit, or if anything special needs to happen in order to engage it. No instruction came with the game, and it's not very self-explanatory. So I'm a little lost.

Anyone know of a good tutorial video I can look at? God damn I'm a gamer, have been my entire life, and I'm struggling to even mess with my gun on this game. I don't know if they made it overly complicated or if the interface is just dumb or if I'm just dumb.

Anyone know of a good tutorial video I can look at? God damn I'm a gamer, have been my entire life, and I'm struggling to even mess with my gun on this game. I don't know if they made it overly complicated or if the interface is just dumb or if I'm just dumb.

Maybe you should have read the reviews before buying that game. I dont have the answer to your question but it sounds like you will be joining the negative reviewers soon as well.

The only way to get inventory in your suit is to find upgrade stations, the only way to increase ship cargo is to trade up ships.

I have searched high and low online for the answer to the simple question and I'm flabbergasted as to why or how I cannot find the answer. Google comma reading through a dozen websites. YouTube, watching 4 videos relating to inventory and crafting, and still no answer to the specific question.

I just started playing the game. I realized very quickly that you don't begin with a lot of inventory space. So I purchased something called a shielding plate which is said to give me extra inventory space. Now it's it's in my inventory and I'm not sure if it's taking effect, or if I have to equip it to my suit, or if anything special needs to happen in order to engage it. No instruction came with the game, and it's not very self-explanatory. So I'm a little lost.
shielding plate wont give you extra inventory space.. U have to upgrade your suit and get bigger ships...

http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Shielding_Plate

its a pretty simple game to play

Last edited:
Trade game in. Fill inventory slot in your wallet.

Trade game in. Fill inventory slot in your wallet.

I actually was in the minority and kinda liked Launch no man's sky... And the big patch prolly made it much better

....Buuuut I gotta give you marks, excellent quip :)

So I purchased something called a shielding plate which is said to give me extra inventory space.

Who the fuck said that?

I enjoyed the game. Put 40-50 hours into it the first two weeks and got all trophies. Might check back to see how the update works.

They need to fix the interface, it's garbage. There's zero reason to make us use a cursor to navigate the inventory.

Maybe you should have read the reviews before buying that game. I dont have the answer to your question but it sounds like you will be joining the negative reviewers soon as well.

I'm an old school gamer. I love a challenge in an Era of games that present an "I Win" button and instructions on how to press it.

Finding answers for No Man's Sky has been difficult but I'm about 5 days in and I'm getting the hang of it.

Playing this game caused a 2 hour conversation about outer space with my 8 year old before bedtime the other night. I won't be joining in the negative reviews anytime soon.

Back