EA UFC 3, v1: All Old Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more "mini game" for the ground work. takes you right out of the action!

Sooo apparently UFC 3 is set to be released in just under a year.

I'm sure they've read plenty online threads and added things posters have asked for but I thought i'd start a thread and if anyone wants to contribute then post away.

I realise EA won't add Strikeforce or Pride but a minor league before the ufc would be good for career mode - going 20 - 0 before a titleshot is a bit much.

Please make it harder to get head kick ko's, the amount of ai i've headkick ko'd with a bjj guy on the hardest setting on career mode is silly.

Also, can we please add standing guillotine chokes, the flying one is great but adding a standing guillotine would be awesome. Also darce chokes, kimuras and americanas from half guard on top.

I'm a career mode fan so these additions would be awesome

1.Judges that are not absolute shit

2.I agree that title shots and rankings need to be reworked

3.I also would like a realistic mode. Its kinda old that it takes like 10 clean head kicks to even show damage

4. I would like to be able to pick fight camps and have more of a personality in career mode as well. They had interviews and fight camps back in UFC 2009 but they took it out for whatever reason

5. More options for customization with the create a fighter. EA UFC and EA UFC 2 have the same exact mouth guards. Add some new fucking shit EA

6. Reworked commentary

7. Add the ability for a doctor to stop the fight due to a cut or injury

8. injuries

9. More control over you career in career mode.(Ability to duck fights,Call out fighters ranked higher than you, Change weightclasses whenever you want)

10. Stats that degrade over time during career mode. I like that you had to manage all your stats back in UFC 2009. having the same exact speed and power stats when my fighter is in his 50th fight at 40 years old is pretty stupid and I hate it

I guess overall I would like the game to be more realistic

Last edited:
Sounds like a great addition, especially to move up or down. Do a Conor and keep moving up

I'd like some sort of legends pack added to whatever roster they produce. Would love to use Shamrock (Ken), Abbott, and Ricco Rodriguez in a next gen system like PS4

My career mode fight record and HoF membership to transfer to exhibition. So annoying taking a guy you slaughtered people with in career and have Buffer say you're making your debut.

It's a minor presentation thing but holy shit is it an annoying one to me at least.

An overall better career mode!
Not just train fight train fight retire...

Also like FN once had: be the cutman between rounds!!!

Standby for an unnecessarily long post…its rambling and incoherent and I deserve all the cool story bro’s I get

1. Dat “universe” mode. Just wanna be able to open up a calendar and assign events to whatever dates I choose. Once I get the event on the books, I can start assigning fighters to the event. Once a fighter is booked to an event, he cannot be booked to another until the one he’s already been assigned to has been completed. On top of that, the outcome of the match flows into the characters record as are all subsequent fights he’s assigned to. I’d like a clear history of who they’ve fought and the manner in which it ended and whether or not they received a performance bonus. Also, there should be some carry over damage/fatigue methodology. Say you have Conor fight 4/1/18 and he kayo’s Aldo in 13 seconds. If you want to assign him to a card 2 weeks later, then he’ll be 100% ready. Lets say that Conor-Aldo fight is a 5 round grind. The fatigue and damage should carry over if you try to assign either of them a quick turnaround. Lets say you assign them 1 month from the original bout, they’re 30% down on health/stamina and 15% down on all attributes. 2 months out..20% down on health/stamina and 10% down on attributes, 3 months out down 10% and 5%, 4 months out…ready to go at 100%. Something to keep some realism so you don’t have conor fighting 8 times a year. Injuries on/off would be cool too. So if you stick a down 30% and 15% Aldo in once month from the original bout and he lands himself in another war, he risks injury and they he’s on the shelf for 6 months. Maybe the toughness that EA assigns to each fighter can play a role in attributes/health drops between fights. Now mind you, we’re playing matchmaker and creating all the fights and events…but a little built in AI where say a streaking Stefan Struve wants a top 5 guy maybe a pop up shows up in the calendar screen with a window where Struve calls out a streaking JDS. Then you can choose to decline and maybe some bad blood by doing so means you’ll have a more live/larger attended event when you eventually do make that matchup. I dunno, I could deal with just the calendar, historical tracking and carry over health for now.

2. UFC 2 has been pretty fun…but are you really serious when Big Nog or BJ don’t have a kimura from side control? Just like everyone had jabs, hooks and uppercuts, I think it’s safe to argue everyone (well, almost everyone) should have the ability to go for a that move on the ground. At the UFC level, I’m certain EVERYONE has drilled and is capable of getting into position for a kimura, keylock, Americana etc. Of course Derrick Lewis would be at a level one triangle off his back where a Demian Maia would be at a level 4 (gotta leave the level 5’s for “signature” techniques that have shown time and again to be a fight enders IRL like Ronda’s armbar). My point is, lets get everyone on board with basic techniques within the 3 pillars of MMA: standup, clinch and ground

1. 3. CAF creation. Lets start with those 3 pillars. When making a CAF lets break down their templates into the 3 categories versus strictly “BJJ” or “Boxing.” For example, create Fedor. Your first selection would probably be Sambo (which will auto fill his ground techniques and be the style in which he’s announced/displayed as in fight intros. Next, you select his clinch technique, again I’d say Sambo, so techniques are auto filled. Last choose the stand up and choose maybe MMArtist or Boxer and the techniques will auto fill again. From here, you can quick click his move levels for each category. Each category can be selected as “level 1-2” “level 2-3” or “level 3-4.” Lets just call it “level 3-4” for Fedor, so all his moves will fill in with a 3 or a 4. I’d still like to have the option to go into each individual move to change the move itself or the level of it…but this quick choice of 3 styles and levels will get your caf going in the cage a lot faster than this whole going through EVVVVVERY SINNNNNGLE MOVVVVE shit the way it is now. It takes so fucking long. I think this may be good, but I run into trouble thinking about a “level 4-5.” I think everything at 4-5 would be over powering. So maybe there is a cap on how many level 4 and 5 techniques a fighter can have. Maybe 5 level 4’s and 3 level 5’s per Caf. I dunno. I always create RL CAF’s. I don’t want a maxed out level 5 across the board Chris Camozzi. Maybe the breakouts could be: STANDUP-Boxing, MT, KB, TKD, Karate, MMA etc CLINCH: MT, Sambo, Judo, Jits, GR/FS Wrestling, MMA etc GROUND: BJJ, Judo, Sambo, GR/FS Wrestling, MMA etc

4. Would be nice if when you’re online you get better match making. Base it off of w/l and belt system ranking? Maybe a lobby system based on your w/l and belt ranking where everyone hangs out and basically you can challenge or be challenged by others in that lobby. Sounds like you’d get a lot of people ducking you, or you ducking other people. That stat sticks with you too, like a DNF. Decline a challenge and you get hit with a “ducked,” take a fight you get a “stepped up” or something like that. If you don’t accept a challenge within 15 seconds…it’s a duck. Maybe even a stat showing how many times you’ve been ducked too. While challenging someone in the lobby, you’re showing as such so someone cannot challenge you until you drop back in as “available.” Of course theres a cap on ducks. If you duck 2 guys in your lobby…you automatically have to take the 3rd and feed right into the game. Regardless of whether you have stepped away for a moment you’re fed into the fight…and will apparently be beaten senseless in 10 seconds. And you fucking deserve it ;)

Get rid of the stupid perks system. Some of them are way overpowered.

Bigger discrepancy between strikers and grapplers.

More flash KOs.

Have names available to be read out; what UFC undisputed 3 did right. It is tiring hearing Buffer announce your created fighter with some typical bs nickname: the assassin! the pitbull! the immovable object! the unstoppable force! etc etc

A smoother transition between striking/clinching/takedowns

realistic and updated fighter ratings... end the McGregor spam kick ko and change the grappling stats especially. Hunt shouldn't be able to reverse Jones from the ground lol.

More techniques/styles of throwing techniques; eg Wonderboy's fast kicks vs Barboza's hard kicks, Mousasi's/Whittaker's jab vs some weak ass jab from Pettis etc

Show fighters' true strengths

and also; a sub only/grappling only mode would be cool.

I just want a career mode that is actually realistic. Fighters generally don't have to beat 15 to 17 UFC opponents in a row to earn a title shot. Also, realistic mode is a must.

UFC Undisputed 3 pretty much nailed it in their third attempt. EA better rival that game or surpass it.

Openweight fights.

FLW vs BW
BW vs FW
FW vs LW
LW vs WW
WW vs MW
MW vs LHW
LHW vs HW

Dat “universe” mode. Just wanna be able to open up a calendar and assign events to whatever dates I choose. Once I get the event on the books, I can start assigning fighters to the event. Once a fighter is booked to an event, he cannot be booked to another until the one he’s already been assigned to has been completed. On top of that, the outcome of the match flows into the characters record as are all subsequent fights he’s assigned to. I’d like a clear history of who they’ve fought and the manner in which it ended and whether or not they received a performance bonus. Also, there should be some carry over damage/fatigue methodology. Say you have Conor fight 4/1/18 and he kayo’s Aldo in 13 seconds. If you want to assign him to a card 2 weeks later, then he’ll be 100% ready. Lets say that Conor-Aldo fight is a 5 round grind. The fatigue and damage should carry over if you try to assign either of them a quick turnaround. Lets say you assign them 1 month from the original bout, they’re 30% down on health/stamina and 15% down on all attributes. 2 months out..20% down on health/stamina and 10% down on attributes, 3 months out down 10% and 5%, 4 months out…ready to go at 100%. Something to keep some realism so you don’t have conor fighting 8 times a year. Injuries on/off would be cool too. So if you stick a down 30% and 15% Aldo in once month from the original bout and he lands himself in another war, he risks injury and they he’s on the shelf for 6 months. Maybe the toughness that EA assigns to each fighter can play a role in attributes/health drops between fights. Now mind you, we’re playing matchmaker and creating all the fights and events…but a little built in AI where say a streaking Stefan Struve wants a top 5 guy maybe a pop up shows up in the calendar screen with a window where Struve calls out a streaking JDS. Then you can choose to decline and maybe some bad blood by doing so means you’ll have a more live/larger attended event when you eventually do make that matchup. I dunno, I could deal with just the calendar, historical tracking and carry over health for now.
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

I pretty much do this already (to an extent) with event mode... Love that shit. Super nerdy but it's what I like...heh. PM me & i'll show you my crazy alt world i've made in this game... :p

Openweight fights.

FLW vs BW
BW vs FW
FW vs LW
LW vs WW
WW vs MW
MW vs LHW
LHW vs HW
You can do some of those in event mode. Should just be a regular option though.

The judging in EA UFC 2 is so fucking shit that if you dont finish your opponent you have a 95% chance to lose no matter how the fight went

I outstrike my opponent every single round, stuff all takedowns and almost finish. But I lose the decision 30-27

It kills the entire game for me

The judging in EA UFC 2 is so fucking shit that if you dont finish your opponent you have a 95% chance to lose no matter how the fight went

I outstrike my opponent every single round, stuff all takedowns and almost finish. But I lose the decision 30-27

It kills the entire game for me
It's funny. I had an online match. The guy went Maia and I went Boestch. I spent the entire match defending takedowns and uppercutting the shit out of his head and body....and I lost.

I've found it I'm playing career mode, I tend to win decisions if i really mix it up and land combos despite being taken down a few times. It bugs the hell out of me that I can't get a legkick tko

Fluid striking like ufc 1. Ufc 2 is way more robotic in every aspect. It feels like rock em sick em robots. fighter models also look significantly worse than ufc Conor mcgregor is on the cover yet the ufc 1 model looks much more like conor, also the fighters' proportions look more deformed, especially when striking. They made clinch op too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back