EA UFC 3, v1: All Old Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a chance to play career mode a couple times through the EA trial, and Career mode is still underwhelming. I think the gameplay developers also flat-out mislead us on some things too. The trailers featuring fight conferences and staredowns are literally just 5 second highlight videos.. I was expecting to have control of what my fighter says, what clothes they wear etc... nope, it's all prescripted highlights.

Rivalaries seem to ALWAYS be the same fighters too, I played as a HW fighter twice and both times my rivals were Travis Browne and Alistair Overeem, this seriously kills any replay value.

The contracts are a weird feature, You can lose 4/5 fights on your contract, but if you beat the last fighter on your contract it doesn't seem to matter all that much.

The difficulty levels are way out of balance, Playing on Legendary difficult is useless, The CPU actually cheats by not having their stamina drained despite throwing constant strikes, so they're not actually winning by skill, they win by having unfair advantages.

Can't seem to figure out how to to get on TUF either, all my career play-throughs had my fighter getting straight in to the UFC after two fights in the WFA. Anyone have any luck?

The menus are clunky as fuck, training games are just simulations now, which is okay I guess depending on how you look at it. They are also still missing simple features that would have had enhanced the experience, still no fight history list?

Overall, after all the hype I'm pretty disappointed. I mean it's still better than the career modes in the first 2 games, but after their third attempt I was expecting them to knock it out of the park like THQ did. I might just go back to playing Monster Hunter World.

That is disappointing. It looked like they had finally put some small amount of effort into the single player in this game.... sounds like they just made superficial improvements and added twitter graphics?

Edit, also what was any good about career mode in Undisputed 3? Been a while since I played but the press conference and weigh in stuff in that game was a pathetic attempt to add personality IMO. It was clunky, pointless, and cheesy.

Last edited:
HW

Stipe-champ
Arlovski
Browne
Coleman (WHY???????)
Cormier
JDS
Duffy
Hunt
Tim Johnson (who???)
Lewis
Magomedov (who??)
Ngannou
Nogueira
Olenyik
Overeem
Rothwell
Struve
Velasquez
Volkov

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-heavyweight

No Barnett? No Gonzaga? No Mir?? So who the FUKC am I supposed to use??

God Forbid I wanted to use a grappler NOT named Werdum or Nogueira or Olenyik

I probably will not be buying this game. EA clearly only caters to meathead button smashers, AND this roster is actually worse than part 2....I will continue to play part 2 and Injustice Gods Among Us....

786.png

EA_Sports_logo.png
I understand Barnett, even though he hasn't fought in over two years and is in the middle of a suspension, but Gonzaga and Mir are both retired.

I understand Barnett, even though he hasn't fought in over two years and is in the middle of a suspension, but Gonzaga and Mir are both retired.

Mir is fighting Fed.....

Actually fuck it I'd rather just pretend they both retired too.

I'm over it...got all the bitching out of my system...looking forward to using Rothwell in the tournament I organize

That is disappointing. It looked like they had finally put some small amount of effort into the single player in this game.... sounds like they just made superficial improvements and added twitter graphics?

Edit, also what was any good about career mode in Undisputed 3? Been a while since I played but the press conference and weigh in stuff in that game was a pathetic attempt to add personality IMO. It was clunky, pointless, and cheesy.

That was in the second undisputed. 3 got rid of it. All 3 had going for it was couple fights in pride.

That was in the second undisputed. 3 got rid of it. All 3 had going for it was couple fights in pride.

Ohhhh OK, yeah in that case I don't remember it being good or trying to do much of anything differently. Awful mini games, and the same problem every fucking MMA game seems to end up with of fighting the same guys over and over.

Bet omissions are being held back for DLC yo. $9.99 gets you 6 new fighters or whatever. $0.99 to apply endswell between rounds and shit.

It's not like there are maybe 3 models and a bunch of skins.

a few things:

- You actually had to have a handful of fights in an outside organization before the UFC would sign you
- Game created enough original fighters so you weren't constantly facing the same fighters
- You could take any roster fighter through career mode (made career a lot more replayable)
- Could fight in Pride tourneys on occasion

Although EA MMA was a hot mess of a game overall its career mode was the best designed imo. You had full control of which leagues you signed with, and could choose a Pride styled league instead of Strikeforce.

i know this is about career mode, but i want to complain about the "knockout mode" in the previous and current games.

it would be a cool mode if it was exactly like the actual fight gameplay but minus the takedowns and clinching, but instead they give you partitioned health bars like in a beat-em-up game.... so lame.

The contracts are a weird feature, You can lose 4/5 fights on your contract, but if you beat the last fighter on your contract it doesn't seem to matter all that much.
You were playing in Tito Ortiz mode.

I just wish they would do a story mode like Fight Night Champions. They have stories for Madden and Fifa FFS. I've always hated the grinding style career modes in boxing and MMA games where you have to train to get better. Game play wise UFC Undisputed 3 is still the Goat MMA games. EA's attempts aren't bad, but they just don't grab me like the THQ games did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back