EA UFC 2 Dumb Windmill Punches when rocked

Tank_Kam

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sup gang!

Does anyone have a good way to counter the stupid windmill flurry punches when you get rocked? I play a lot with my brother in law and the only time he beats me is by that annoying shit. Have tried clinching and TD, both just lead to my demise and it looking even sillier.

Thanks!

That's odd, if anything I thought they made it TOO hard to put someone away when rocked. Almost every time just backing away and blocking makes it impossible for the person to catch up to you before you recover.

Haha normally that works, but like 50% of the time he ends up breaking my guard if he button mashes enough. I guess tahts really the only strategy .

Haha normally that works, but like 50% of the time he ends up breaking my guard if he button mashes enough. I guess tahts really the only strategy .
Sounds like he's smoking you in cardio management. That's my guess, easy enough to fix though.

Haha normally that works, but like 50% of the time he ends up breaking my guard if he button mashes enough. I guess thats really the only strategy .
He breaks your guard because your arms' are fatigued/damaged, learn to manage it better.

Last edited:
Lol, yeah. If you just block you'll be fine.

Those punches are stupid as fuck though. Unfortunately they're the best...if not only way to close the distance when an opponent is rocked...

lean back, let him have the body shots. He wont get the finish.

He breaks your guard because your arms' are fatigued/damaged, learn to manage it better.
this sounds most accurate, i block the first 6-8 punches n then the last 2 end up landing. Super frustrating, if you see the stats its always me outlanding him like 4-1 also.

Pay attention to your health meter if the arms are glowing red the blocking is vastly diminished.

Pay attention to your health meter if the arms are glowing red the blocking is vastly diminished.
Good point, I definitely block a lot, I use a lot of head movement and block I try to avoid parry spamming, I never really look at my arm health.

the most infurirating thing about this game is to land a clean 3-5 hit combo to rock the opponent, and then have them rabbit hop backwards out of danger while you try to throw sloppy haymakers hoping to land. Ack!

the most infurirating thing about this game is to land a clean 3-5 hit combo to rock the opponent, and then have them rabbit hop backwards out of danger while you try to throw sloppy haymakers hoping to land. Ack!
I usually throw high front kicks to the face then.

Sup gang!

Does anyone have a good way to counter the stupid windmill flurry punches when you get rocked? I play a lot with my brother in law and the only time he beats me is by that annoying shit. Have tried clinching and TD, both just lead to my demise and it looking even sillier.

Thanks!
If that is the only way he beats you...just give him these moments...come on dude...don't get too greedy, you already having his sister though
;)
Just joking...

If that is the only way he beats you...just give him these moments...come on dude...don't get too greedy, you already having his sister though
;)
Just joking...
bahaha! true enough! younger sister too lmao. I just HATE the way he celebrates running around the house screaming and I want to kill him lol. its the worst when I drop him and let him get up multiple times n then he finishes me out of nowhere with that crap.

But based on this thread, its definitely my arm health that has been messing me up, been keeping an eye on that and have not lost to him since some advice in here.

Yeah ufc 2 You can just run away any time you're rocked. The first game you could actually walk people down

Back