Dynamic Warmup and Mobiliy - Article from EliteFTS and Diesel Crew

S

stewy37

EliteFTS included this article in their weekly e-mail. As someone that has had a lot of injuries the topic of dynamic warmup and mobility exercises is one that has become much more important. This article shows a few different options for warmup in an easy to follow format. I plan on starting to incorporate these in to my training and see how they help.

Damn, My

I need to start warming up better. I've usually only done the light weight version of what ever I'm going to do (like if I was doing bench I would rep 135 pounds of few times) but I'm probably going to start adding in the protyazhka.

A protyazhka is a snatch without any knee dip whatsoever. Smolov plugs it in a time tested combo: a snatch grip long pull x 3-5 reps + a wide grip press behind the neck x 3-5 reps + a squat with the bar on the shoulders x 3-5 reps. I believe that you would do even better if you ditch back squats in favor of overhead squats. The latter are great for developing SQ specific flexibility and enforcing a good technique the hard way. Smolov's warm-up calls for four to five sets of the above combo.

Back