• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dylan and wand

trott

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
did dylan slugging it out remind anyone else of an old school wanderlei? he was slinging bombs in that 3rd round!

Yes, I thought he looked Wand-esque as well.

The good:
Both have killer instinct
Both generate lots of power with their shots
Both can put a lot of pressure and overwhelm the opponent until one lands clean

The bad:
Little/no headmovement
Sometimes very sloppy hooks with no defense

Dylan Andrews is awesome. Probably one of my favorite TUF guys. I really hope he has success in the UFC becuase he seems like an awesome guy and is fun to watch. A Leben v. Andrews match could be awesome

yeah awesome fight, thought it was going to end after 2nd and was gonna post on fighters being active on the bottom and not getting credit. really glad it didnt go that way, awesome finish

Dylan Andrews is awesome. Probably one of my favorite TUF guys. I really hope he has success in the UFC becuase he seems like an awesome guy and is fun to watch. A Leben v. Andrews match could be awesome

agreed, was rooting for luke because i liked him also and for some unknown reason ive been pulling for chael mostly this season but really like dylan too, big win

Yes, I thought he looked Wand-esque as well.

The good:
Both have killer instinct
Both generate lots of power with their shots
Both can put a lot of pressure and overwhelm the opponent until one lands clean

The bad:
Little/no headmovement
Sometimes very sloppy hooks with no defense

Agree.
I`d add
the good:
- both have decent cardio
- Luke has a decent guard

the bad:
- Luke needs to work on that TDD

Heart.. Miles and miles of heart..

What a war...

Bubba should chill with Dylan.. Maybe an ounce of Dylan's guts will rub off on him..

Let's go Andrews! Hopefully will become the first New Zealander to win TUF

Dylan is a beast and yes he definitely reminded me of Wand in that 3rd round. The guy just tucked his chin and went for the kill.
From the first interview they did with Dylan I have been rooting for him. I think he was talking about picking out a movie and seeing the dust from a gym upstairs fall down on him...whatever it was exactly it was a great story. I actually was hoping that he and Luke wouldn't have to fight because Luke is the polar opposite of Bisping as a Brit and very likeable as well.
The production value of TUF this year has definitely raised the bar for seasons to come. Overall its been one of the best seasons ever imo, probably top 3

i was thinking the same thing. that hands semi low, walking forward then as soon as he gets in the pocket, tucking his chin and throwing bombs

round 3 also reminded me a lot of round 3 of hunt vs struve, with the shorter new zealand guy with tribal tats, bombing on the lanky european guard player. especially when he kept coming in and throwing leather while luke kept trying to block and then just backing away instead of throwing back or countering.

Loved that kill instinct, and cuz of that heart and style, I'm rooting for him.

But I refuse to compare him to wand.

i was thinking the same thing. that hands semi low, walking forward then as soon as he gets in the pocket, tucking his chin and throwing bombs

round 3 also reminded me a lot of round 3 of hunt vs struve, with the shorter new zealand guy with tribal tats, bombing on the lanky european guard player. especially when he kept coming in and throwing leather while luke kept trying to block and then just backing away instead of throwing back or countering.

I was seriously also reminded of hunt vs Struve.

That was a great fight and Luke has a chin on him. Dylan really ripped those body shots in the third round too. Damn, good fight. Glad they scored the second for Luke because that's how I would have scored it too.

There were so many opportunities for Luke to get a triangle and he kept going for Omaplatas and Arm-bars, it was frustrating and infuriating to watch at times.

I know it is easy to criticize from the sidelines but there were a ridiculous amount of times that Luke should have triangled the shit out of him based on Dylan putting one hand on the mat and then reaching back with the other to break the legs apart at the knee.

He has so much heart, its hard not to love him

Agree.
I`d add
the good:
- both have decent cardio
- Luke has a decent guard

the bad:
- Luke needs to work on that TDD

Pretty decent guard indeed with the long limb helping him a lot , but the best point you did is about his TDD . Hopefully Chael will work on this with him .

Anyone notice that Luke tried the same Judo move Honda showed them earlier ?
Anyone notice how easily Dylan reversed it ?

Heart.. Miles and miles of heart..

What a war...

Bubba should chill with Dylan.. Maybe an ounce of Dylan's guts will rub off on him..

Bubba talked the talk, and Dylan walked the walk. Really like Dylan, his family must be very proud.

Back