Media Dustin Poirier vs Benoît Saint-Denis: Who Wins?

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters
Arrête de jouer les Calimero, ton idole vient de vendre son cul au Raptor. Ça te fait quoi de voir un fier français, se donner comme ça à un nain DZ ? <{danayeah}>

Je n'ai rien contre BSD, mais le surcotage est réel.
Pas mon idole, par contre tu gobes bien le chibre des daghestanais... Azaitar fait pas l'affaire ?

Par ailleurs pas sûr que ce soit BSD qui profite de l'image du raptor, c'est plutôt l'inverse

Pas mon idole, par contre tu gobes bien le chibre des daghestanais... Azaitar fait pas l'affaire ?

Si je vois du potentiel en un combattant, bien sûr que je le supporte, malheureusement, la défense de BSD est poreuse, de plus, les français le surcôtent trop.

Par ailleurs pas sûr que ce soit BSD qui profite de l'image du raptor, c'est plutôt l'inverse

Justement, le fier français se fait avoir par un petit chèque, alors que le nain DZ l'utilise...

Si je vois du potentiel en un combattant, bien sûr que je le supporte, malheureusement, la défense de BSD est poreuse, de plus, les français le surcôtent trop.

Justement, le fier français se fait avoir par un petit chèque, alors que le nain DZ l'utilise...
Les gens ont le droit de s'enflammer, la seule réalité qui importe c'est celle du combat.
Et on a vu suffisamment d'upset toutes ces années pour imaginer BSD prendre le dessus sur Poirier même si, je te l'accorde, c'est un autre calibre que Frevola & Co

I feel Dustin has got what it takes to sit this lion down

Once he gets in a groove with his hands Dustin is a very dangerous dude

Im going with Dustin but BSD winning would not be shocking. Guy is a savage also

It's not fair, but it is what it is. The way he gets easily hit, tells me that he's not better than Poirier.
Lots of people were saying that about Dricus before he smashed Whittaker. Being hittable does not preclude you from having an overall superior skill set to the other guy and it is also possible for fighters to improve; BSD showed way better instincts on the feet against Frevola, for instance.

I think this is clever matchmaking by UFC, I like it.

Poirier coming off the Gaethje KO loss (and has lost 2 of his last 3) and knows he is nowhere near yet another title shot so he NEEDS to win to retain any relevance here at 155lbs. If he loses I can see him MAYBE trying 170lbs or perhaps he just retires. I do think Poirier has probably lost a step at this point, he has been fighting a very long time and been through some real wars.

Benoit St Denis ....he is on a 5-fight win streak and ALL by stoppage. UFC are giving him a golden opportunity here and his first BIG NAME opponent, so it's really an acid test for him. This will absolutely catapult him up into the top 3 or 4 in UFC lightweight rankings if he wins.

I think it'll be a fantastic fight for as long as it lasts, and both men are known for getting into wars and never-say-die psyche.

I'm picking Saint Denis for the win, he is just younger, hungrier, faster, and his motivation to win will be gargantuan.
So...BSD by a relentless TKO or maybe an RNC sub.

Benoit has a Judo base and later added kickboxing and jitz.
He's not afraid of being taken down, that's why he throws a lot of kicks.
Still need to see his kicks against a southpaw philly shell fighter like Dustin.
Really don't want to see Dustin get caught by a headkick again.

Benoit still has crude striking, leaving himself open. Not the fastest either.
He's way bigger than Dustin and probably cuts more weight.
That's why he gassed hard in the 3rd against Santos.
He hasn't fought more than 2 rounds since that.
Which Poirier certainly will game plan with his massive gas tank.

People just remember the result.
Gaethje vs Poirier 2 - Gaethje landed a little more leg kicks in the 1st but was on chicken legs once and already had 3 cuts.
In the 2nd Dustin had his hands up, but the kick got through, because it was cloaked by the right hand. Happens.

As with most Dustin fights, if he can keep it standing, he probably wins.
BSD will go for early takedowns, which is his only way to even the cardio out.

Finally I got that archer joke, although it's terrible.
Ben Wa Balls are a sex toy

Last edited:
However, that would mean Doostin will probably NEVER fight for the title again which would suck hard be totally normal for someone who fought only inside of top5 for many years
fixed

I’m sorry but regardless of method, a win over Matt Frevola shouldn’t be granting anybody a fight with the Top 3 former IC DP.

It did look like it hurt though, glad that was not my face.

I’m sorry but regardless of method, a win over Matt Frevola shouldn’t be granting anybody a fight with the Top 3 former IC DP.

Benoit has finished 5 guys in a row...Frevola was just the most recent victim.
That's why he's getting a push.

BSD about to steamroll a bunch of peeps, Dustin included!

The outcome of this fight will be decided upon whether or not Dustin’s wife is in Arthur Morgan’s DM’s.

If the Jolee likes the parollees
Then she will swallow it wholly
My favorite DBZ Character? Broly.

It's not fair, but it is what it is. The way he gets easily hit, tells me that he's not better than Poirier.

Max holloway is more easily hit than many of the guys he beat. You can have worse defense than someone, but still be a better overall fighter than that person.

he's on a 5 fight winning streak with all finishes fighting a guy who reasonably should not be number three but thruthfully 6 or 7

People are rushing Dustin out the door. I think this is a close fight

Back