Dustin Poirier posts photo of his leg

Yeah. Its sad and I dont get it.
Its a way to win fights. Watching his fights and I am waiting for them leg kicks and nothing..
WTF?
dude can win fights with them. He has won fights with them.
Every matchup I see Aldo in I think to myself “but can his opponent take the leg kicks?” Then I remember he never uses them anymore.

i bet he is in some real pain every time he has to stand up off the toilet. both those guys put on a hell of a show. what a fight!

That knee looks totally fine, a little dirt on it and then back to the gym.

I thought this until Gaejthe/Alvarez and Gaejthe/Porier. Neither of them checked kicks worth a damn and still won. They both just dealt with the pain and traded head/body punches for leg kicks.
Yep. People are hating on Justin, and maybe he is a little wreckless but there’s not a lot of fighters that can handle being in a fight like that and still not be broken. Hell, he looked like he was on his way to winning both of those fights. Eddie and Dustin are as tough as it gets. Not every fight gets determined by skill.

see what happened to Anderson's leg? that's gotta put some fear in some guys

Why? Shit happens in the cage.
If things like that put the fear in fighters I dont think they would last long as fighters.
You cant let what happens to others get to you.

UrijahFaberThigh.jpg

This is what brutal looks like.

So ya wanna be a UFC fighter ......

So ya wanna be a UFC fighter ......
Urijah might be the toughest fighter to ever fight in an octagon. Broke both hands in the Brown fight early and fought 5 rounds to a decision.

Why? Shit happens in the cage.
If things like that put the fear in fighters I dont think they would last long as fighters.
You cant let what happens to others get to you.
Agreed, but we're not in the cage, maybe that fear is why we saw the decline of Aldo, maybe it's totally unrelated.
It's like if you were a roofer, and you see a co-worker fall through a roof or off a roof, that's going to put some fear in you, you can't help but think "fuck that could happen to me"

A part of me thinks he had a bad injury in his right leg and he doesn't feel as comfortable as he once did when kicking.

I'm pretty convinced it stems from the motorcycle accident he had a while back, in 2012. The only fight since then where he used a lot of leg kicks was against Lamas, and Ricardo was so utterly intimidated and outmatched by Aldo that Jose was able to fight comfortably on cruise control for the vast majority of the fight. I also think that's why he started putting so much focus in his boxing game, which improved noticeably afterwards. If true, I think it actually speaks to how great a fighter Aldo is to have lost one of his best weapons and manage to adapt and continue dominating great fighters for years before finally burning out, but doesn't suggest much hope for his future fighting endeavors now that the game has finally caught up to him.

Last edited:
Yeah. Its sad and I dont get it.
Its a way to win fights. Watching his fights and I am waiting for them leg kicks and nothing..
WTF?
dude can win fights with them. He has won fights with them.

I think he has said in interview that he has some kind of injury in legs which keeps him away from his leg kicks.

i know im gonna get roasted for this... but justin's leg kicks werent even that great, technically speaking.

they did damage and the timing was great, for sure.

meh who cares. check those kick dustin!

Yep. People are hating on Justin, and maybe he is a little wreckless but there’s not a lot of fighters that can handle being in a fight like that and still not be broken. Hell, he looked like he was on his way to winning both of those fights. Eddie and Dustin are as tough as it gets. Not every fight gets determined by skill.

Gaethje is 1-2 in the UFC but could have easily been 3-0 and I bet he'd be looking at a title shot or BIG fight at 155. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, especially when you defend like he does. We don't deserve this man, he goes to war EVERY fight.

Some jackass posted earlier about how legs kicks were not effective in MMA lol, oh and he said because his MMA coach said so which made it that more funny

Back