Dustin/nate Twitter

Gotta love responses like these.

Maybe you think it's normal for this many fights to fall apart because someone has a nagging injury like literally every other fighter alive does, but I can actually remember a time when it was a genuine rarity for a fight to be cancelled. You tell me what changed in the last several years, other than the culture of the fight world starting to encourage it. Guys didn't just inexplicably start getting injured more, that's for sure. They just choose to pull out of fights that others would have still shown up to a handful of years ago, that's the truth.
Fighters started making enough money to a point where maintaining a winning record does more than showing up for a paycheck despite being hurt. This is part of the sport being elevated. The old days had people making under a grand to show up. Those days are trivial at best. It’s barely the same sport. Have you competed in sports? It’s poasibld to perform injured, but performance will be worse, confidence will be worse, recovery will be worse, etc. in a career that’s already marred by long term injuries, longevity, underpay, etc, its a shame that we have “fans” advocating to fight injured just to please us.

Fighters started making enough money to a point where maintaining a winning record does more than showing up for a paycheck despite being hurt. This is part of the sport being elevated. The old days had people making under a grand to show up. Those days are trivial at best. It’s barely the same sport. Have you competed in sports? It’s poasibld to perform injured, but performance will be worse, confidence will be worse, recovery will be worse, etc. in a career that’s already marred by long term injuries, longevity, underpay, etc, its a shame that we have “fans” advocating to fight injured just to please us.

Pay has improved for the undercard guys but I don't believe that's been the case for most of the elite in the sport. It would be hard for me to believe that it's gone up enough for the top guys that they've started to pull out in droves, where in the past it almost never happened.

I haven't competed much, some BJJ tourneys. I've trained Muay Thai and MMA off and on since 2005 though, and have a black belt in BJJ. Believe me, I know how much injuries hinder you. I've been around plenty of training camps and have yet to see anyone show up to a fight completely injury free, regardless of what level they're at.

Pay has improved for the undercard guys but I don't believe that's been the case for most of the elite in the sport. It would be hard for me to believe that it's gone up enough for the top guys that they've started to pull out in droves, where in the past it almost never happened.

I haven't competed much, some BJJ tourneys. I've trained Muay Thai and MMA off and on since 2005 though, and have a black belt in BJJ. Believe me, I know how much injuries hinder you. I've been around plenty of training camps and have yet to see anyone show up to a fight completely injury free, regardless of what level they're at.

Black belt in BJJ under who exactly ?

Nate: If you can't make it to the war, you lose the war. You ain't bout this life.

Dustin: If anyone knows about losing the war it's you... you lost half of them that you been in.
cheers - well said Dustin hahaha

Ol' man Dustin.:D

Nate accepted this fight in case you don't know.

After sitting for two years after fighting Conor twice.
And sitting a year between the RDA and Johnson fights.
And sitting a year between the Maynard and RDA fights.
A guy that used to be one of the more active fighters on the roster has had 5 fights in 5 years.

Jon Jones has dealt with rehab, suspensions, injuries, court cases and still fought the same amount of times in that span.

Anderson Silva is 43, broke his leg, serving a second suspension and has fought the same number of times.

Porier should stfu

Diaz is a terrible matchup for him

Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz over 5 rounds pls.

I miss the good ole spartan days where warriors were slaughtered right then and there if they were not fit for battle. Now days you got people pulling out for sore hips.

Dustin was on the Helweani show today. He said he has a problem with his hip. He's hoping injections will be all he needs.
svU.gif

{<BJPeen}

He pulled out over 4 weeks before the fight. That is plenty of time for UFC and Nate to find a decent opponent. But we all know Nate isnt serious about fighting anymore.

he said stem cell injections, i have no idea what that does
I know, just trying to be funny. They use stem cells to improve the healing rate on different injuries. I guess it can’t be cheap, but it’s effective.

Oh shut up. Dustin never pulls out. He got hurt. Takes a special type of greasy finger microdick to talk shit on a professional fighter while they probably call in sick to work with the sniffles.

1480023115061.jpg

Hi Dustin, not singling out you specifically but I just think when you sign up for a fight and can't make it for whatever reason it should count as a loss and a win for the other guy. Thats how it works in other sports too, if you can't play at the agreed time the other guy gets the win, simples. People who miss weight constantly for example should be punished with some losses on their record rather than the current system which rewards them with title shots.

As for pulling sickies I do that all the time when I fancy a day off or am hungover, yeah. I usually don't waste sick days when I'm actually sick though and go to work as gives me more credence to when I do pull sickies as they reckon I'm not the type to pull sickies unless really sick.

This is like...the 1st time Dustins pulled out. If Naye was "really about this life" he'd take a replacement fight. But he'll probably just retire and bitch incoherently some more with his brother

Hi Dustin, not singling out you specifically but I just think when you sign up for a fight and can't make it for whatever reason it should count as a loss and a win for the other guy. Thats how it works in other sports too, if you can't play at the agreed time the other guy gets the win, simples. People who miss weight constantly for example should be punished with some losses on their record rather than the current system which rewards them with title shots.

As for pulling sickies I do that all the time when I fancy a day off or am hungover, yeah. I usually don't waste sick days when I'm actually sick though and go to work as gives me more credence to when I do pull sickies as they reckon I'm not the type to pull sickies unless really sick.

What sport does this occur in? In boxing the fighter that pulls out is replaced or the fight card is scrapped all together.

In team sports the injured party is replaced by the next available body.

Golf, kickboxing.. Replacement or match up cancelled.

Back