Movies DUNE: PART TWO (Passes $600 Million Worldwide; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen DUNE: PART TWO, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Second thought I hope they end this franchise here unless they make Messiah and Children 1 movie. Messiah by itself was a decent book but would make a really boring movie .
Honestly I feel like those books would probably be better suited for some kind of high end series.

I havent seen the first one. But with everyone saying they are great then I have to add them to my list.

Is Children of Dune (2003) good?

Well it’s a direct sequel to the 2000 miniseries, with roughly 2/3rds of the cast returning (the actors for Paul, Chani, Gurney and Irulan came back; but they had to recast Jessica, Stilgar and one more that I don’t want to say for spoiler reasons).

If you’ve seen the 2000 miniseries and liked it then you’d probably like the Children of Dune miniseries as it’s similar in production quality etc. It had to cut a significant amount out though because it covers both Dune Messiah and Children of Dune in a single 3-part miniseries, while the 2000 miniseries is 3-parts just dedicated to one book, which makes it super book accurate.

Is Children of Dune (2003) good?
It's both books Messiah and children. Has a really young James McAvoy. It's decent for a Sci fi channel mini series in early 00s. The dune mini series was good as well.

If you like the genre I definitely reccomend both

Well it’s a direct sequel to the 2000 miniseries, with roughly 2/3rds of the cast returning (the actors for Paul, Chani, Gurney and Irulan came back; but they had to recast Jessica, Stilgar and one more that I don’t want to say for spoiler reasons).

If you’ve seen the 2000 miniseries and liked it then you’d probably like the Children of Dune miniseries as it’s similar in production quality etc. It had to cut a significant amount out though because it covers both Dune Messiah and Children of Dune in a single 3-part miniseries, while the 2000 miniseries is 3-parts just dedicated to one book, which makes it super book accurate.

It's both books Messiah and children. Has a really young James McAvoy. It's decent for a Sci fi channel mini series in early 00s. The dune mini series was good as well.

If you like the genre I definitely reccomend both
I will watch Dune (2000) first, i haven't seen it and you both reccomend it and said it's very accurate so it's a must see for me 👍

I will watch Dune (2000) first, i haven't seen it and you both reccomend it and said it's very accurate so it's a must see for me 👍
Just brace yourself for the effects it didn't age well there lol..... the story is on point

I havent seen the first one. But with everyone saying they are great then I have to add them to my list.

I watched the first one a few days ago after hearing that the 2nd one was so good. The first one is pretty good, slow at first but gets better and better. Worth the watch.

I love it, but it’s not perfect. Where it suffers is production value:

1. The sets are the weakest part. Unlike the 1984 version there’s no on location filming in the Sahara desert (and wherever the new version was filmed which I assume is also genuine desert locations). It’s just piles of sand inside a studio with patently obvious mat painting backgrounds.

2. Some truly hideous costume design. The Sardakaur in particular have some of the ugliest, stupidest looking costumes I’ve ever seen.

3. Pretty poor CGI, though ironically I think arguably holds its own against the 1984 version’s dogshit miniatures and special effects which imo always looked like complete fucking crap compared its contemporaries like the original Star Wars trilogy or original Star Trek movies of the 1970s and 1980s.

As long as you can look past those short comings there’s a lot to like. The cast is mostly good, the story is like 95% book accurate, the interior set design is much better than exterior shots that try to portray the desert, and I think it’s got a pretty good musical score.

I really enjoyed it, its definitely worth a trip to the theatre. Everything looks and sounds amazing.

Despite 2 long movies to cover a single book the ending sequence felt rushed to.me. Great movie though, go see it.

Could have used some levity or just characters that smiled occasionally, very bleak. And some boobs. Boobs are beloved by everyone but no boobs.

I watched the first one a few days ago after hearing that the 2nd one was so good. The first one is pretty good, slow at first but gets better and better. Worth the watch.
Will do. Thanks bud.

Barely saw the movie. great movie. I will probably watch this twice there was a lot to take in. The cinematographer is second to none right now every scene looked good.

Saw Part one about a week ago at home, caught Part 2 last night.

THIS is how movies are made. Powerful imagery, great action, interesting themes, I can't wait to get more.

I'm not familiar with previous movies, adaptations or the original novels so this is all new to me. I think I know where the story is going but I just have to see.

I love Villeneuve's focus on letting the imagery tell the story rather than beating the audience over the head with dialogue and explanations. It's a sci fi series through and through with a touch of art house.

Finally saw it. Decent movie, not bad, but massively overhyped.

Javier Bardem is the only actor that brings anything to the film. Zendaya is comically bad.. it’s like her character is just a cali girl in the desert. Florence Pugh and Christopher Walker also stood out like sore thumbs.

I was shocked by how bad the CGI was. All of the crowd sim scenes looked like they were from a 2005 FIFA game (especially during the first Feyd Rautha fight scene).

Aside from a few scenes on Arrakis where you feel like you are actually on a desert planet (which I already got a healthy dose of in Dune 1), this film doesn’t really bring anything else to the table except for an intense audio experience if you see it in theaters.

Back