Dricus Du Plessis vs Khamzat Chimaev for the #1 contender...

Ehh… I’d rather see Chimaev against Whittaker or Costa.

I wouldn't. Because Whittaker would probably beat Khazmat. Can you imagine Whittaker vs. Izzy 3? Whittaker literally has nothing to offer Izzy in a fight

Not a bad idea, UFC definitely needs to book some fights with the intention of producing a fresh contender.

I wouldn't. Because Whittaker would probably beat Khazmat. Can you imagine Whittaker vs. Izzy 3? Whittaker literally has nothing to offer Izzy in a fight
I strongly disagree, in the first fight Rob fought like a complete idiot, I don’t know what he was thinking doing that against Izzy.

In the second fight Rob was clearly shook for the first couple of rounds, and once he got comfortable was extremely competitive and arguably beating Izzy… you could tell after the fight Rob was happy with his performance because he realized Izzy was actually in his head and realized around the third round that he could beat him.

Rob going into a third fight with that confidence he gained in the second fight would absolutely be very competitive. It would not surprise me to see Rob win a decision.

You do realize that there were plenty of people who thought Whittaker won the second fight, right? Like most people, I scored it for Izzy, but it was definitely a very close fight--the vast majority of people who gave it to Izzy did so by a slim 48-47 margin. "Nothing to offer" is revisionist history.

upload_2023-4-10_15-15-59.png

Who else is there?
The smart play is to have the guys Izzy hasn't fought yet (Khamzat, Driscus, and Strickland) fight guys in the top 5. I'd do:

Khamzat-Whittaker
Driscus-Cannonier
Strickland-Costa

If at least one of the fresh faces wins, you now have a viable contender.

Neither are top 5 or have a top 5 win. Stranger things have happened though.

Dricus du Plessis is at 100k Instagram followers.

For comparison, Belal Muhammad is at 300k and Khamzat is at 5.1m.

DDP is no where near a title shot because the UFC is not a real sports organization.

Khamzat vs Izzy is the CLEAR fight to make (if no Izzy/Alex III) regardless of us nerds clamoring for a meritocracy.

Back