Dreams before money

More important to you:

• Total voters
Looks like Diego a little bit here.^

<7>

It's important to have a solid goal , the money will come

Second option seems very mediocre thinking

It's important to have a solid goal , the money will come

Nothing wrong with this ^ but the heart of the matter here is more that if the money never comes, will you look back and be OK with having tried... (vs. the second option)

Second option seems very mediocre thinking

Again, your call ^ but wanting financial stability in life, even more so if one has family or responsibilities of any sort, is anything but "very mediocre" to my thinking. It could even be said that foregoing options of financial stability is an act of one 'mediocre' in character and selfish rather, or even impetuous.

If your goal is financial stability, take an accounting course, dont become a fighter.

If your goal is financial stability, take an accounting course, dont become a fighter.
Decontextualised so without merit here.

The issue centres on earning relatively more money with a pro card or following a dream that may or may not pay off.

Decontextualised so without merit here.

Fair enough, but are the two things really mutually exclusive? With talent, an Olympic run can only boost future earning potential, without talent then an Olympic run gives you a break from being beaten up by better pros...

Fair enough, but are the two things really mutually exclusive? With talent, an Olympic run can only boost future earning potential, without talent then an Olympic run gives you a break from being beaten up by better pros...
Valid point yourself. And getting Olympic gold is one of the best stepping stones into a pro career. I reckon the monkey wrench in the situation is there are talented sportsmen who never actually 'make' it, so to say; from this, I would say then that the gamble (for Nistor) of going for his dream and not a more lucrative 'career' is still very real, talent or not. Know what I mean?

@RR

What are your thoughts on this?

I would say then that the gamble (for Nistor) of going for his dream and not a more lucrative 'career' is still very real, talent or not. Know what I mean?

I dont know much about Nistor, but the unfortunate reality is probably down to money - an average guy from Bucharest will never get the same breaks as a "marketable" Londoner - he doesnt have the choice of a lucrative career, and his best move would be to get the fuck out of Romania and train somewhere else.

I dont know much about Nistor, but the unfortunate reality is probably down to money - an average guy from Bucharest will never get the same breaks as a "marketable" Londoner - he doesnt have the choice of a lucrative career, and his best move would be to get the fuck out of Romania and train somewhere else.
Most sensible post ITT. :D You never know...maybe gypsies worldwide will rally and unite behind the motherland. Then again, their own motherland wishes ill on them. :eek:

@Boxiana

Where's the sig from? I've heard even the likes of Klitschko mention the sentiment (minus the patriotic angle with him not being a Briton and all).

@Boxiana

Where's the sig from? I've heard even the likes of Klitschko mention the sentiment (minus the patriotic angle with him not being a Briton and all).

686.jpg

https://archive.org/details/boxianaorsketch00egangoog

That was my point - actual Romanians don't want them either and as far as the modern era is concerned, that's their more or less transient origin in a long history of camping about.

Their motherland was North East India wasnt it? Anyway, lets not get into an argument about gypsies. Take a look at the Boxiana book. Some of the stuff on training regimes and the like is fascinating.

Nothing wrong with this ^ but the heart of the matter here is more that if the money never comes, will you look back and be OK with having tried... (vs. the second option)

Again, your call ^ but wanting financial stability in life, even more so if one has family or responsibilities of any sort, is anything but "very mediocre" to my thinking. It could even be said that foregoing options of financial stability is an act of one 'mediocre' in character and selfish rather, or even impetuous.
I get it , big risk and it's noble for someone who aspires just to work pay bills , provide for family and die

It's just too mediocre for me , I have a family as well we took a risk, huge one, it was a struggle but now it's paying off , so I am not just talking out of my (bleep)
And yes I would do it if I was a boxer , going for gold.

Their motherland was North East India wasnt it? Anyway, lets not get into an argument about gypsies. Take a look at the Boxiana book. Some of the stuff on training regimes and the like is fascinating.
Hence my use of 'transient' to describe Romania as such but agreed. No worries, m8. And thanks for the book; looks cool.

Back