Media Draymond Green lands spinning attack in NBA game: A-Level athlete with MMA potential?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last night Draymond Green landed an impressive spinning attack in an NBA game. The month before he showed off a sneaky choke attack that impressed the basketball world.

How far could Draymond go in MMA? Could he challenge for a LHW / HW title with 6-12 months of training? <Eek2.0>

Last edited:
Last night Draymond Green landed an impressive spinning attack in an NBA game. The month before he showed off a sneaky choke attack that impressed the basketball world.

How far could Draymond go in MMA? Could he challenge for a LHW / HW title with 6-12 months of training? <Eek2.0>

Gotta love Dat Dere Spinning Shit!

Basketball players don't seem to be athletic enough to be good fighters. Or at least their athleticism doesn't translate to MMA. Plenty of former college football end up in the UFC when NFL is not interested but I never see "former basketball players" ever make it into the UFC. Isn't that sport supposed to be just as popular as football? And they would be all heavyweights which is the easiest division to make it into, several football players go to 185 and 205 along with 265.

I think Travis Browne was the only one that played basketball. I'm not sure anyone else. But I heard many times the words "defensive lineman" or "offensive lineman" whatever that means. Football is what you want to look, not basketball. Basketball players sounds like a bunch of lanky feeble dudes that can't fight.

Basketball players don't seem to be athletic enough to be good fighters. Or at least their athleticism doesn't translate to MMA. Plenty of former college football end up in the UFC when NFL is not interested but I never see "former basketball players" ever make it into the UFC. Isn't that sport supposed to be just as popular as football? And they would be all heavyweights which is the easiest division to make it into, several football players go to 185 and 205 along with 265.

I think Travis Browne was the only one that played basketball. I'm not sure anyone else. But I heard many times the words "defensive lineman" or "offensive lineman" whatever that means. Football is what you want to look, not basketball. Basketball players sounds like a bunch of lanky feeble dudes that can't fight.

You're crazy if you don't think some of those guys couldn't do well in mma if they actually trained

Most basketball players, no. But Draymond would be good at it. Tall, 6-6, I think, but not too tall to stop takedowns at heavyweight. And he obviously likes to fight, and enjoys choking other dudes.

Travis Browne was pretty damn good before he let Edmund ruin him.

Let's see how he holds up against someone that actually hits back - he looks tough against guys that actually follow the rules of basketball and don't retaliate. But I think one body kick from Leon would fold him

This. Basketball players are the biggest pansies on the planet.

6'8 250 pound LeBron James falling to the ground because a dude smacked a ball out of his hands.
And people laugh at “soccer” players for simulating fouls

I'm not saying that soccer players are whimpier than basketball players, but soccer player flops are in general more dramatic and with even less contact. Not because they're bigger pansies, it's because of the further distance to the referees. They have to make grander gestures like throwing themselves into the air and rolling on the ground in pain because refs can't see more subtle flops.

So at least by looks, soccer player look like bigger pansies than basketball players.

I'm amazed that no one has beat his ass yet
nba players are sissies, they are all about being friends than actual competitors these days. Draymond is a real one, a bit irrational at times, but mostly due to being very emotional and involved during games, and playing with passion. He is more of an ode to older generation of players, than current divas.

You're crazy if you don't think some of those guys couldn't do well in mma if they actually trained
I'm just stating facts. Why do we have so many former colllege football players and we don't see former basketball players anywhere? We have a lot from football and nothing from basketball. That's just how it is.

You think all the former collegue basketball players decided to collectively never try out MMA and that's why we only see former football players? Come on, dude. Maybe, it's not as easy as "just start training MMA", maybe there's something else going on that you are not seeing...

Most basketball players, no. But Draymond would be good at it. Tall, 6-6, I think, but not too tall to stop takedowns at heavyweight. And he obviously likes to fight, and enjoys choking other dudes.
He never actually fights. He does blindsided cheap shots and then hides in the crowd that inevitably forms.

Is more because they have more professional outlets than football.

China, Europe, etc, etc, lots of basketball guys that don't make NBA end up in other countries playing, unlike football players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back