Dr Disrespect Launches AAA Gaming Studio Midnight Society

Not outright MS but thought petty:

Elsewhere:

Dr. Disrespect’s Midnight Society Is Going Hard On NFTs With Polygon Partnership

I continue to be somewhat perplexed by the new upcoming game from Dr. Disrespect and his studio Midnight Society. He’s working on an upcoming shooter with some truly talented folks, but so far, the main focus of promotion for the game has been its integration with NFTs and the blockchain. Even as the rest of the core gaming industry has shied away from web3 tech after player backlash, Midnight Society is going full steam ahead, for better or worse.
Full read from Forbes here.

Criminal and bad-faith underbelly aside, I think the headspace these NFT pilgrims are in is that an NFT marketplace is an evolution of what we've now with MTX or game storefronts; individual items and bundles then being 'unique' to you rather than sold one and the same en masse. Right? How would pricing be controlled so it doesn't get FOMO predatory? Buy this MMR uniquely signed by OpTic Team for only 100 USD!

<{cruzshake}>

Founders events set for LA and NYC:

Two-Time not been streaming this week owing to travel, PR. Currently in NY and has astronomical queues from fans; dude's been patient and super cool with all of whom, cracking jokes. The best in the biz – believe it:

Doc's midnight society.

I want to know if his recently dismissing MWII and its modified engine as breadcrumbs is just promotion – or versus MSociety's maiden shooter, he means it. Saying your game that no-one knows or has seen is leagues beyond a flagship IW property is something you better back up, IMO. MWII is bringing unprecedented depth to enemy combatant tactical AI for another banger campaign and will be beautiful with new PBR system for textures and more.

I want to know if his recently dismissing MWII and its modified engine as breadcrumbs is just promotion – or versus MSociety's maiden shooter, he means it. Saying your game that no-one knows or has seen is leagues beyond a flagship IW property is something you better back up, IMO. MWII is bringing unprecedented depth to enemy combatant tactical AI for another banger campaign and will be beautiful with new PBR system for textures and more.

Yeah that was not a good look imo, I think he's overhyping the game and I can't see how he's gonna deliver on all of this hype. One thing that might be to his advantage is that mw2 and Warzone 2 are not built from the ground for the next genwhich I'm assuming Doc's game is.

Last edited:
Yeah that was not a good look imo, I think he's overhyping the game and I can't see how he's gonna deliver on all of this hype. One thing that might be to his advantage is that mw2 and Warzone 2 are not built from the ground for the next game which I'm assuming Doc's game is.
Fair point. Do we know engine yet? UE5? Needless to say, I'm excited to see what's cooking. Some of the marketing collateral makes me think his title leans sci-fi, which isn't my favourite setting for shooters, so I hope I'm wrong and it's warfare that's gritty, modern-day.

NYC fan highlights and shoutouts in stream prelude: (time to watch for NYC segment is 2m 40s)

Fair point. Do we know engine yet? UE5? Needless to say, I'm excited to see what's cooking. Some of the marketing collateral makes me think his title leans sci-fi, which isn't my favourite setting for shooters, so I hope I'm wrong and it's warfare that's gritty, modern-day.
It's UE5 and I believe the game is a vertical br in a single building based on what
doc had discussed and showed some of the concept art before. I think the game might have some futuristic elements based on the avatars of the players. I'm not expecting Apex legends level of sci fi though.

MWII is bringing unprecedented depth to enemy combatant tactical AI for another banger campaign and will be beautiful with new PBR system for textures and more.

COD isnt a ground breaking game series. Its a yearly Michael Bay film for the console FPS market. Series that hasnt set sales records in over a decade.

Doc is looking to fill that gap. Sadly he doesnt understand the current FPS space progression. Fortnite took the new FPS users away from COD and Battlefield. Once these users begin aging out of Fortnite theyre transitioning to games like Valorant, COD and Apex Legends. Further compounding matters is the dwindling market share consoles have been experiencing in the gaming space to mobile and Pc.

COD isnt a ground breaking game series. Its a yearly Michael Bay film for the console FPS market. Series that hasnt set sales records in over a decade.

Doc is looking to fill that gap. Sadly he doesnt understand the current FPS space progression. Fortnite took the new FPS users away from COD and Battlefield. Once these users begin aging out of Fortnite theyre transitioning to games like Valorant, COD and Apex Legends. Further compounding matters is the dwindling market share consoles have been experiencing in the gaming space to mobile and Pc.

Who is leaving console gaming for mobile gaming? And I'm sure the game will be available for pc so that doesn't matter.

Who is leaving console gaming for mobile gaming?

Thats not whats happening. Individuals first experience with gaming was once consoles. Today its on a mobile device.

If it does have a Pc version, game has NFT planned integration. That immediately excludes it from being available on Steam thus limiting its reach. Meaning it'll likely be a Epic Games Store exclusive to reduce game engine leasing cost. For a game centered on multiplayer FPS its also important to have a strong anti-cheat.

What's 2x on about here? Lol. Dude starting fires:

All MS marketing leans very sci-fi to me:

Back