Double End Bag for Beginner

RDL81

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Looking to get a double end bag for home, I am only just starting out, already have a heavy bag looking to add a double bag to help with accuracy and movement. Any recommendations or will anything do?

I am in UK if that makes a difference

Most anything will do. There's some good video tutorials for making a cheap tennis ball one online if you're on a budget.

Not on a budget if being honest, any ideas on what size "ball"

Thanks but I don't think its worth getting it shipped from Australia to the UK!

That's all good. I mean we have free shipping on all our products to anywhere, and we use express shipping to get it to you quite fast if you'd like that.

I have owned every DB from Cleto to Title..the one I found most useful and still use to this day that would be great for starting out is the ringside 9 x 6 leather one. It runs 49.99 new...but wait for their weekly sales and get it for 40 percent off or more. They have great rebound and last forever. I bought the 8 inch one 4 years ago..use it 5 times a week..and with cleaning and care it looks nearly brand new. Haven't even had to replace the bladder yet.

Others (boxers) may correct me if I'm wrong, but from my experience, there are 2 types of bag depending on the elasticity of the cable. Some cable are very tight, making the bag move fast but in a short distance, and other cables are more loose, making the bag slower but with a bigger movement.
With the second one you can train head movement, since the bag can come back far enough to hit your face.
Obviously the size/shape/quality of the bag also varies, but the cables are also important in my opinion...

Back