Dos Santos's Transformation

He just got burnt out.

junior_dos_santos_UFC_FOX_funny.gif

ex-wife JDS is born
Ugly-wife JDS was earmarked for HW GOAT, ex-wife JDS is just another gatekeeper. His only hopes of revamped greatness lie with his willingness to remarry that ugly bitch, which if you're a JDS fan, you are praying for.

Retard, he was suspended. Not judged yet and not found guilty.
Wanna be a dickhead, wait until all is said and done.

then again, I bet you are one of those idiots that hated on Yoel (probably still do) even after he was proven not guilty...
fuckheads like you are the reason this place becomes unbearable at times.
How was he not found guilty? And no Yoel had the supplement. Never hated on him.

Why is it hard to accept that the wars with Cain affected him mentally + USADA etc. He's pretty young for a HW, he's 33 or 34 now.

Hard to train/juice etc when you know youve got a guy like Cain who'll take 5 years of your life in a single fight.
he had that rhabdomyolysis too I wonder how much fighters get that it sounds like something the AKA guys should get.

His ex wife was the key to his power

He channeled his rage over her appearance into his punches
I feel like he was just a nice guy who couldn't tell her no. Like Jim Carrey in Me, Myself & Irene.

How was he not found guilty? And no Yoel had the supplement. Never hated on him.
and yet here it is, hating on someone before they are judged....
hypocrite or a liar? maybe both?

The reason his face looks different is because his subcutaneous fat pads have increased. His face is softer and paler because of a lack of androgens - it's that simple really. JDS lost all of his aggression post USADA, on top of that he got flatlined twice.

Let's not forget that JDS ate countless bombs from Stipe in their first encounter, and never looked rocked once. Then Stipe wrecks him with a single straight punch in the rematch.

His lean mass:fat ratio has decreased significantly. You only have to look at him for a couple of seconds to notice it. Go on youtube and watch an interview prior to UFC 160, then look at one of his post-USADA ones. His face was much more taut and stripped of fat pre-USADA. His neck was thicker/more muscular where his gonial angle met the neck.

He doesn't possess the same shock-absorbing muscles that he used to have in his temporalis, masseter and trapezius/neck region. He's simply less sturdy.

He is not smaller per se, but a lot of the muscle was replaced by fat. A smaller looking muscle can be stronger than a muscle region that looks bigger - the variable is the fat/intramuscular fat content of the muscle. Muscle quality and insulin sensitivity are key here.

An easy way to observe the changes is also to go on gettyimages and search for "Junior Dos Santos portrait" - then you'll be able to find pictures of him over the years in the same angles and poses - if you have photoshop, you can easily layer a couple of pictures from different years and then change the opacity of one layer slowly to reveal the changes. You can do the same by screencapping him over different weigh ins over the years.

Even his hairline changed(yes, I'm aware he shaved it tight - but there's a reason for that). His medial hairline used to be frontally bossing down toward his eyebrows because of the effect of a strong occipital muscle. His center hairline is now set more "up" because of the lack of occipital muscle pulling. His hair will also have lost some darkness/piercing saturation that is correlated with low subcutaneous fatty deposits. He'd look grotesque with diffuse dead looking hair if he grew out his horseshoe now.

A lack of testosterone and DHT simply makes men less virile looking. It's pretty basic science. He's a shell of his former self.

The truth is, JDS got into the sport because he was "fat and out of shape". He's not naturally "lean & mean" - at least not at the 240~ lbs he fights at.

i just earned college credit reading this.

No it wasn't common sense....At the time, I knew overeem had very good stand up and JDS stand up was super overrated..Yes Overeem chin is questionable but he has beaten good strikers with his meh chin.

Sherdog tho, acted as if, it would be a super easy fight for JDS.

Then JDS was always considered natty...and when his body changed...I never heard people talk shit about em, like they do about Johnny Hendricks.

How was he always considered natty? Heaps of people made jokes about that huge arm in the tennis court pic, he like many was suss as hell.

Yeah the guy looked pretty TST going into his second fight with Cain. I wouldn't doubt he was on something like most people were back in the day. He has clearly lost muscle mass and gained fat.

Remember when JDS and Big Boot were talkin shit about Overeem being on PEDs . What a bunch of cheaters

did people forget he popped for PEDs recently? a masking agent which would imply he was on something else too. He was obvious onnit in his prime, as most guys were, and now perhaps tried to get back on gear to combat the aging process but got busted.

Before: Badass Dos Santos, notice the rough skin with the large pores
Dude, it seems you really need to talk your sexual orientation with someone who cares about it. Not us.

I mean it, this topic is beyond bizarre, why are you so concerned about his looks?

The beatings he took against Cain took time off his career. Also people do just get old and decline at different ages. It happens to everyone eventually. I don't know why people are so surprised by this still.

Back