Reaction score
27c2b7f4-7355-498b-8d16-01cca7583906.jpg

12 rounds CW-

#9 Dmitry Kudryashov (21-1, 21 KO's)

vs

#10 Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 20 KO's)

9/23 7 PST/ 8 MST/ 9 CST/ 10 EST https://worldboxingsuperseries.com/

Last edited:
Dorticos looked slow against the African, and showed bad defense. I think Kudr knocks him out in 4.

Dorticos looked slow against the African, and showed bad defense. I think Kudr knocks him out in 4.

Dorticos is slow but he's also the better boxer in my opinion. Kudryashov seems to hit harder and be more explosive. We'll see, should be a slobberknocker. Both these guys are a step or more below Briedis, Gassiev and Usyk though.

You're picking another underdog here. Kudryashov is around +185 at the sportsboks right now.

Kudryashov looks to be very easy to hit.

His defence has improved quite a bit since his loss to Durodola. Allthough in the rematch Durodola was possibly past it I think he got dropped in his fight before that against some unknown African boxer.
But Kudryashov might be the biggest puncher p4p he is certainly in the top 3 on a level with Golovkin and Beterbiev. Dorticos is the CW choice of the boxing hipster but I can see Kudryashov winning he has also fought better opposition.

I'm really itnereste din briedis vs Perez. I wish perez would have been in shape and motivated when he actually had big HW fights against Jennings and Povetkin but if he is there mentally and isn't physically past it then he could still have some success

His defence has improved quite a bit since his loss to Durodola. Allthough in the rematch Durodola was possibly past it I think he got dropped in his fight before that against some unknown African boxer.
But Kudryashov might be the biggest puncher p4p he is certainly in the top 3 on a level with Golovkin and Beterbiev. Dorticos is the CW choice of the boxing hipster but I can see Kudryashov winning he has also fought better opposition.

I'm really itnereste din briedis vs Perez. I wish perez would have been in shape and motivated when he actually had big HW fights against Jennings and Povetkin but if he is there mentally and isn't physically past it then he could still have some success

I didn't see his 1st fight against Durodola (his loss), but I did see the one that he won... and it was that 2nd fight that had me thinking he had a pretty bad defense.

I didn't see his 1st fight against Durodola (his loss), but I did see the one that he won... and it was that 2nd fight that had me thinking he had a pretty bad defense.

If you wanna see bad defence watch his first fight. His defence in the rematch was 10 times better than in the first. You can either see this as him improving that aspect or him having REALLY bad defence. Either way he is an offensive fighter through and through. How that works against Dorticos remains to be seen.
Durodola also had really bad defence though and he just overwhelmed Kudra with his own offence. Dorticos is more of a boxer puncher but if he is too defence he might go the same fate as Gomez because offensively Kudryashov is a monster and he gets to you sooner or later

Kudryashov looks to be very easy to hit.

and he has questionable punch resistance as well as possibly having suspect cardio.

imo, a good opportunity to live bet if dorticos is not hurt before the fourth round.

If you wanna see bad defence watch his first fight. His defence in the rematch was 10 times better than in the first. You can either see this as him improving that aspect or him having REALLY bad defence. Either way he is an offensive fighter through and through. How that works against Dorticos remains to be seen.
Durodola also had really bad defence though and he just overwhelmed Kudra with his own offence. Dorticos is more of a boxer puncher but if he is too defence he might go the same fate as Gomez because offensively Kudryashov is a monster and he gets to you sooner or later

in the first fight, after he hurt durodola, i think he just took the nigerian for granted and before he knew it he was ktfo. reminded me a little of lewis/rahman 1 and 2.

dorticos is the righful favorite as dimitry has been kod and yunier badly hurt the granite-chin kalinga on two seperate occasions and never being hurt himself

in the first fight, after he hurt durodola, i think he just took the nigerian for granted and before he knew it he was ktfo. reminded me a little of lewis/rahman 1 and 2.

dorticos is the righful favorite as dimitry has been kod and yunier badly hurt the granite-chin kalinga on two seperate occasions and never being hurt himself

I don't think so about their first fight. Durodola was tagging him from the beginning and Kudryashov looked slightly troubled befor ehe scored a KD. And even afterwards it wasn't like Durodola suddenly knocked him out Kudryashov's chin held up but he simply couldn't deal with Durodola's offence.

I think Kudryashoiv's chin is just fine. Durodola can punch and Kudryashov's was never dropped he just had no defence. His stamina is not great though. There's a reason kudryashov mostly throws single shots he knows he can't keep up a high pace

Kudryashov looks to me like the fighter GGG and Kovalev detractors characterize those guys as. A one dimensional heavy hitter.

Last edited:
Kudryashov isn't a particularly good boxer, nor does he have especially good durability or stamina. Having said that, he can absolutely bomb, and Dorticos hasn't exactly shown stellar defense. It's very difficult to see this going the distance. Maybe I'd favour Dorticos as he has shown a more diverse skillset and a much better gas tank, but both men are there to be hit, and if you're there to be hit against Kudryashov you run the risk of getting slept.

Tough fight to call. Dorticos has more stamina and is more of a volume puncher which likely means if this goes past 3 rounds, Kudrayshov is in big trouble. But Kudryashov has game changing power and Dorticos has poor defense.

Never seen Dorticos, so I'm excited to see if he's really good, or if Kud is gonna knock him out like the rest.

Kudryashov has HWT hands.

Here you go mate:

I personally cannot wait for this fight. As someone else said up-thread, I don't really rate either compared to say Breidis & Usyk, but both can punch & both look wide-open.

I'm expecting a sort of low-level 90s heavyweight vibe, kinda like Courage Tshablala vs Darroll Wilson or something, multiple knockdowns each way. Carnage, basically.

Back