Crime Donald Trump Hush Money Fraud Trial

A game I like to sometimes play is compare the headlines. I go to CNN and Fox and look at what they cover and what they highlight. I highly suggest you try this yourselves.

Today for instance other than a stilted opinion piece in the 3r slot, you have to go 9 stories deep on Fox to get to the coverage of the trial. CNN of course leads off with it. Both have the columbia university protests high, Fox in the 1 hole CNN in the 2 slot. Then it gets wildly divergent.

Often when I do this, I feel like they are reporting about 2 entirely different countries if not planets.

Today should be the first really good bits in the trial drama. What will this old Pecker do?

i remember the day faux noise settled their lawsuit with dominion for 787.5 million dollars and they had to apologize for their bullshit, they put up some half assed "sorry not sorry" article which they quickly buried from their front page of their website after one hour, they then scrubbed any article with any omention of the defamation lawsuit from their homepage.

every other single outlet and everything on twitter and everybody else was talking about faux noise agreeing to pay out nearly 1 billion dollars for their election defamation and bullshit, and what articles did faux noise have headlining their website?

a random cry-cry headliner about hunter biden, and an article about aliens.

One thing that everyone should be taught these days is the tactics of persuasion and rhetoric. I'm far from an expert in these things but have read "thank you for arguing" and a few other books on the subject along with some of the classic philosophers and marketing how to books.

These help prepare you for things like, oh I don't know, this forum, but more importantly for a divided and stilted news environment where both sides are trying to sway you to their side.

If you are aware of things like straw man arguments, and the importance of omission, and the like, you at least have some defense against being sucked into specious arguments or falling for blatant tactics to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

We like to feel like we are rock solid in our beliefs and values and can't be easily swayed but history shows that we're surprisingly easy to fool and manipulate.

Learning this in High School would've been a lot more use to me than algebra or marine science has proven to be.

wishful thinking but i kinda hope the judge hits michael cohen with a gag order today. it doesnt look good for the prosecution when their witness has reduced themselves to the orange toddlers level and is throwing shit at him on twitter.

todd blanche is getting admonished by the judge right now lol

what a clown.
It's hilarious how many right wing dorks were watching live nothing burger footage of Fani Willis and are now sticking their head in the sand regarding this trial

the judge just dared donald trump to take the stand and swear under oath that he didnt mean to violate his gag order regarding his comments about the jury, after being clearly instructed in his gag order that he is not allowed to talk about the jury.

take the stand donny!

"If you polled people and ask if Trump was responsible for the bubonic plague, we would end up with the same 35%. We have these hard numbers on either end of the poll when it comes to Trump. They don't move no matter what the subject is. What's clear is in this case, Trump is right. I mean, this is an embarrassment. I mean the fact that we are actually talking about this case being presented in a New York courtroom leaves me in utter disbelief."

"I mean, the arguments today did in fact capture all the problems here. You know, you had this misdemeanor under state law where, that had run out, this is going back to relate it to the 2016 election, and they zapped it back into life by alleging that there was a campaign finance violation under the federal laws that doesn't exist. The Department of Justice doesn't view it this way."

"On top of that, you got these tough factual issues that were laid out well by the Trump team. Saying someone else designated this as a legal expense. He was actually paid far in excess of this because this was a legal account. Keep in mind, this is what Hillary Clinton's people did. Remember, when they funded the Steele dossier — which they denied to reporters — they put it as a legal expense. And then they fought the eventual fine they received from the federal government saying that it was a legal expense. Now you've got some of the same Democrats supporting this bizarre theory."
- Jonathan Turley - George Washington School of Law Professor

Nailed it.

It's hilarious how many right wing dorks were watching live nothing burger footage of Fani Willis and are now sticking their head in the sand regarding this trial

It's not really a trial. It's not even a real case. I think the sound minds are waiting for this to get out of the New York Kangaroo Courts, just like that ridiculous E. Jean Carroll case. Justice in New York does not exist for Trump or likely any high profile Republican / Conservative. It's a shame the Democrats have brought us to that.

The very fact that Biden's 3rd in command at the Justice Department parachuted in to push the case and now gave the Opening Statement tells us all we need to know. This is purely political.

"If you polled people and ask if Trump was responsible for the bubonic plague, we would end up with the same 35%. We have these hard numbers on either end of the poll when it comes to Trump. They don't move no matter what the subject is. What's clear is in this case, Trump is right. I mean, this is an embarrassment. I mean the fact that we are actually talking about this case being presented in a New York courtroom leaves me in utter disbelief."

"I mean, the arguments today did in fact capture all the problems here. You know, you had this misdemeanor under state law where, that had run out, this is going back to relate it to the 2016 election, and they zapped it back into life by alleging that there was a campaign finance violation under the federal laws that doesn't exist. The Department of Justice doesn't view it this way."

"On top of that, you got these tough factual issues that were laid out well by the Trump team. Saying someone else designated this as a legal expense. He was actually paid far in excess of this because this was a legal account. Keep in mind, this is what Hillary Clinton's people did. Remember, when they funded the Steele dossier — which they denied to reporters — they put it as a legal expense. And then they fought the eventual fine they received from the federal government saying that it was a legal expense. Now you've got some of the same Democrats supporting this bizarre theory."
- Jonathan Turley - George Washington School of Law Professor

Nailed it.

how's the winning going today skippy? did the bubonic plague cheat on it's pregnant wife with a whore from the gangbang videos?

i'll bet the bubonic plague never raped anybody inside of a department store either. even hitler wasn't morally bankrupt enough to do that either!

aww shucks....a medical director who performs surgeries just got dismissed as a potential juror because she's concerned over it affecting her job and her patients.

what the hell is this nonsense? that's not an excuse. throw her on the god damn jury panel and drag her ass into the courtroom every day for weeks. the only way she should be able to get out of this is if she's planning on attending one of her childs graduation ceremonies after skipping out on all of the rest of her childrens graduations.
I actually don’t blame her. Both sides constituents have been really bad about dragging this shit info people lives and ruining them.

It's not really a trial. It's not even a real case. I think the sound minds are waiting for this to get out of the New York Kangaroo Courts, just like that ridiculous E. Jean Carroll case. Justice in New York does not exist for Trump or likely any high profile Republican / Conservative. It's a shame the Democrats have brought us to that.

The very fact that Biden's 3rd in command at the Justice Department parachuted in to push the case and now gave the Opening Statement tells us all we need to know. This is purely political.
What are your thoughts on the Peacock Stormy documentary?

What are your thoughts on the Peacock Stormy documentary?

I would prefer the Brazzer's documentary, minus Trump... that would make me ill.

I didn't even know there was one. The entertainment industry is big on pieces that promote Democrats and slam Republicans.

I actually don’t blame her. Both sides constituents have been really bad about dragging this shit info people lives and ruining them.
Different situation but the Georgia mum and daughter election workers you really have to worry about their safety. MAGA nutjobs are proven headcases.

I would prefer the Brazzer's documentary, minus Trump... that would make me ill.

I didn't even know there was one. The entertainment industry is big on pieces that promote Democrats and slam Republicans.
When you watch it, let me know. Your mind might not be so blinkered.

just the other week sleepy don was playing for the cameras and telling his chud army that he was going to take the stand. a defendant taking the stand in criminal trials and is extremely rare and it only ever happens when the defense team believes that they are losing the case and having their client testify might be the only way to turn the case around in their favor.

but anyways the honorable judge merchan just gave the fraudy orange rapist an open invitation to take the stand. trump didn't seem too interested in having to make any sworn statements while under oath, so the trial is now moving on. david pecker is about to testify.

Back