DOMS question.

Kframe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a newb question. As my Training log indicates I did my first work out on Sunday. Today, is the second one. Now the question is related to Doms.

My legs, are still very sore, after Sundays work out. My work out plan, has me squatting 3x a week 4x10.(For 70% IRM) Is it ok to squat tonight, despite my legs being sore? Nothing medically bad will happen right? I mean, I can move and such, it just hurts to do so.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I have a newb question. As my Training log indicates I did my first work out on Sunday. Today, is the second one. Now the question is related to Doms.

My legs, are still very sore, after Sundays work out. My work out plan, has me squatting 3x a week 4x10.(For 70% IRM) Is it ok to squat tonight, despite my legs being sore? Nothing medically bad will happen right? I mean, I can move and such, it just hurts to do so.

Thanks guys.

Do it. Just take longer to warm up so the DOMS go away a little.

Work through the pain. You'll feel better in the long run. By your 3rd or 4th workout you won't get the DOMS afterwards.

Just got back from workout. Did as advised and worked through pain. Didn't hurt so much during the squats, but after words and after cardio, I am kinda stiff and sore.

Your body will adapt to whatever progressive stress it's subjected too.. the DOMS will get easier.

Disagree... wait till your legs have recovered, at least till 90% ...being a beginner, you need to learn to listen to your body, doing another leg workout now will not benefit you now, you muscles have been torn up and need repair,,,eating should be your main concern, in fact, it may expose you to injury.
You should be stretching your legs evey morning and evening and doing some light walking/ jogging until your legs feel recovered, then murder them again.

Im all fo the dont be a pu$$y get over the DOMs, but as a beginner, its important to build into it and like the others mentioned, DOMs will become less painfull as you progress.

Back