Dominick Cruz commentating

He also said Yanez should start taking some off his punches last night and in mid-sentence, Yanez ko-ed his opponent. Cruz is so arrogant/awful at commentating, it is comedy. He's either talking his head off or fighting with his fellow commentators.

His huge ego prevents him from ever being good or even enjoyable. Bispey isn't a good commentator, but him and DC create a nice 'in the den with the boys' vibe in the booth, which is all we really need. Cruz meanwhile sounds like an obnoxious accountant doing this professor blowhard thing >>

1716132304200.png

His huge ego prevents him from ever being good or even enjoyable. Bispey isn't a good commentator, but him and DC create a nice 'in the den with the boys' vibe in the booth, which is all we really need. Cruz meanwhile sounds like an obnoxious accountant doing this professor blowhard thing >>

View attachment 1044336
Which, to be fair, would be a perfectly fine niche for him to fill if only he would end up being correct at least most of the time, which he doesn't.

Reactions: CPH
Very well put, couldn't agree more.

I've always felt that he's probably on the spectrum with his monotone style of self-expression, his orientation to extreme detail, and how he will often come off as rude and pretty unconditional whenever he disagrees with someone else. The way you just described him also fits that conclusion to a T.

He's done pretty damn well for himself regardless of the above.
I doubt he's on the spectrum to be honest sir.
He's just a know it all that doesn't know it all, and when he's wrong he never even bothers to correct himself...yet he jumps on anybody else that makes a mistake.

That not autism, that's asshole...2 different "A" words lol

My favourite bit from last night was where he tried to justify his extended multi year breaks by claiming they don't negatively affect performance. He argued with both Brendan and Felder about it. His explanation was they can train lmao

I doubt he's on the spectrum to be honest sir.
He's just a know it all that doesn't know it all, and when he's wrong he never even bothers to correct himself...yet he jumps on anybody else that makes a mistake.

That not autism, that's asshole...2 different "A" words lol
That's fair, he might very well be a simple asshole. Neither of us know him personally and/or are (supposedly) qualified to make a diagnosis to begin with, so I'm just talking out of my ass here.

That being said, a very close childhood friend of mine has been legitimately diagnosed for high functioning autism as a kid, and Cruz reminds me of him in so many ways that I personally find it difficult to not see a connection. That's not the case for you, so obviously we have differing view points here.

I don't mean to be judgmental or preachy here, but something to keep in mind about the A-word dichotomy, is that when dealing with high intelligence, high functioning autistic people in their adulthood, they tend to be well enough adapted socially to skillfully mask away the most obvious of their autistic traits from the rest of the society, but some of the more nuanced characteristics still come through. For example, having major difficulties in understanding that other people might see things very differently, and that they might even have a valid point.

My point being, it can be really difficult to distinguish a high functioning autistic person that is good at masking their condition but still ends up acting in inconsiderate ways in an autistic manner, from an actual asshole that acts in an inconsiderate way but has no difficulty whatsoever in understanding that he is doing so.

"Reckless abandonment"...I really wish he could got that one right. Just like Dana's "the greatest of all times".

Everything with Dom is a pissing contest. I'm no psychologist but I won't be surprised if he were somewhere on the autism spectrum. Or he's a sociopath. Maybe both.

That's fair, he might very well be a simple asshole. Neither of us know him personally and/or are (supposedly) qualified to make a diagnosis to begin with, so I'm just talking out of my ass here.

That being said, a very close childhood friend of mine has been legitimately diagnosed for high functioning autism as a kid, and Cruz reminds me of him in so many ways that I personally find it difficult to not see a connection. That's not the case for you, so obviously we have differing view points here.

I don't mean to be judgmental or preachy here, but something to keep in mind about the A-word dichotomy, is that when dealing with high intelligence, high functioning autistic people in their adulthood, they tend to be well enough adapted socially to skillfully mask away the most obvious of their autistic traits from the rest of the society, but some of the more nuanced characteristics still come through. For example, having major difficulties in understanding that other people might see things very differently, and that they might even have a valid point.

My point being, it can be really difficult to distinguish a high functioning autistic person that is good at masking their condition but still ends up acting in inconsiderate ways in an autistic manner, from an actual asshole that acts in an inconsiderate way but has no difficulty whatsoever in understanding that he is doing so.

If he's autistic and don't understand social cues, then he really should be on tv tbh.
And if he's a simple asshole, he shouldn't be on tv lol.

Much love sir.

He has this "im always right" know it all personality which sometimes is funny but mostly cringe. When he keeps it straight hes alright.

I don't really find him to be worse than the likes of Joe, DC or Bisping. I think Joe and DC together are particularly insufferable.

Jon and Laura are the best of all of them. I think for the most part Dom is just a little too combative on live commentary

Back