Does Yadong have the best boxing in the division?

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He stated in the post fight interview that he wants to see who has the best boxing on the division.

Who can stand and bang with yadong toe to toe on the feet? Seems like every fight people are afraid of his boxing.

Yan has crisp boxing and defense. But i think o’malley won some of the exchanges when they fought and yan had to start wrestling.

my top boxers/punchers at BW

O’malley
Yan
Yadong
Chito

I think there’s a reason they kept him away from O’Malley on both of there respective ascensions up the rankings. It would go a lot like last night. The others I think Yan outboxes him and he beats Fig, Chito and him fought and I personally had it Chito in that fight.

However I don’t think he’s the best technically, he’s very fast and hits hard, his physicality is what carries him. He’s a dangerous kid who is only getting better.

Last edited:
Yadong struggles with cutting off the cage and cutting angles. But I think he has the second best hands in the division behind O'Malley.

Sandhagen also said Yadong hit harder than Yan, which is saying something.

Chito is a sniper and hits very hard but still looked too helpless against Sandhagen to be called a good boxer. I would definitely put Sandhagen in front of Chito.

He has the best combinations once he gets the fight into the pocket but he has no jab (kept leading with left hook and right cross) and he has absolutely no footwork. Even in a pure boxing fight Song would be pretty limited.

I think in the pocket Sadong has by far the best hands but it's hard to argue that lacking other fundamental skills he can still the best boxer. I'd argue Yan is comfortably ahead based on his ability to fight at range and cut angles both offensively and defensively.

His boxing isn't great. Last night's fight showed me that Yan at his best should be able to beat him. Yadong's game is just mainly based on his physical attributes. He is very fast and powerful. I don't believe anyone in the division is like him.

The issue is that Yadong doesn't really work off a jab and he throws too hard for every shot. Everything he does is very explosive even when he is trying to close the distance or trying to slip shots. His footwork is not that efficient in terms of setting up or cutting off the opponent. I will admit that it is hard for anyone to fight an opponent who didn't really want to engage outside of spamming small shots. I thought he would have been savvy enough to just jab/kick to brutalize his opponent slowly.

He was getting pieced up by journeyman Gutierrez before resorting to ugly wrestling lol. Sandhagen also boxed him up nicely as did Chito.

Yan is russian golden gloves winner, i think his boxing overall better

Agreed.

It still amazes me how short Yan's reign as BW champ. I thought he'd be holding the belt for a while. Before Merab straight up ragdolled him, it seems like one ill-timed knee changed the trajectory of his career.

Yan is russian golden gloves winner, i think his boxing overall better
Golden Gloves doesn't exist in Russia? He is a master of sports in boxing so he at least won regional/national tournaments.

Nobody in the division beats Omalley with just hands only. He'll turn into a wrestler real quick just like yan did if he ever faces O'Malley, i guarantee it

He stated in the post fight interview that he wants to see who has the best boxing on the division.

Who can stand and bang with yadong toe to toe on the feet? Seems like every fight people are afraid of his boxing.

Yan has crisp boxing and defense. But i think o’malley won some of the exchanges when they fought and yan had to start wrestling.

my top boxers/punchers at BW

O’malley
Yan
Yadong
Chito
O’malley
Chito
Yan
Yadong

His footwork looks like absolute shit and he could get zero going against the #15 guy who obliged a kickboxing match.

Winging powershots, a lot of it looked bad.

He's very athletic and has great power for the division, the rest is completely average.

Yadong struggles with cutting off the cage and cutting angles. But I think he has the second best hands in the division behind O'Malley.

Sandhagen also said Yadong hit harder than Yan, which is saying something.

Chito is a sniper and hits very hard but still looked too helpless against Sandhagen to be called a good boxer. I would definitely put Sandhagen in front of Chito.
Chito is 1 shot counter striker. Yadong fights in the pocket has much more versatile combinations with his hands.
I think as mentioned, if he learns to cut the ring and attack at angles better, he'd be a serious serious problem for the champ.

He is not good. Shouldn't even be in top 10. Lucky he is Chinese.

Back