Does Vitor KO Weidman now?

I feel like a lot of people think Chris Weidman is Matt Serra. That his win was 100% fluke and once Anderson smashes him he'll go back to the middle of the pack where he belongs. The fact of the matter is that he's not. He may not beat Anderson again (I personally think he will), but he is one of the two or three best MWs in the world. As for the question, I think that Vitor has a chance to catch him coming in for a takedown in Round 1, but if Weidman makes it to Round 2 the fight is his to have.

Vitor is very dangerous for Weidman. Of course, Weidman is very dangerous for Vitor, as well. I'd have it a very even fight, but I might lean a little towards Chris.

Vitor would absolutely destroy Weidman. After Anderson beats Weidman you'll see everyone's tune change overnight.

I feel like a lot of people think Chris Weidman is Matt Serra. That his win was 100% fluke and once Anderson smashes him he'll go back to the middle of the pack where he belongs. The fact of the matter is that he's not. He may not beat Anderson again (I personally think he will), but he is one of the two or three best MWs in the world. As for the question, I think that Vitor has a chance to catch him coming in for a takedown in Round 1, but if Weidman makes it to Round 2 the fight is his to have.

I just don't see Vitor as being "knockout or get tired" kind of guy. Go back and watch him fight Franklin. He was patient, landed strikes, moved in and out, and waited for his opening. Vitor could very well make Weidman's face a mess and finish him off in the 4th or 5th round. He is not a "gasser" since moving to 185. Even when Jones was working him over it wasn't because he was gassing, and Jones is a load. Vitor's stamina now is VERY good and has been since 2007.

I just don't see Vitor as being "knockout or get tired" kind of guy. Go back and watch him fight Franklin. He was patient, landed strikes, moved in and out, and waited for his opening. Vitor could very well make Weidman's face a mess and finish him off in the 4th or 5th round. He is not a "gasser" since moving to 185. Even when Jones was working him over it wasn't because he was gassing, and Jones is a load. Vitor's stamina now is VERY good and has been since 2007.

I don't think he'll gas, but I think a lot of his "one hit" explosiveness would wane as the fight progressed. And without the danger of that explosiveness, Weidman would be less averse to shooting hard.

Vitor can most certainly KO Weidman, and he's a dangerous fight for him as well as anyone in the MW division right now. Anyone who thinks Vitor has no chance at all is just a hater.

No he can't. Weidman is the Real Life Bruce Wayne.

With Vitor is kinda mental. If he can stay focused he could beat anyone @ 185, I was thinking the same when he fought Silva. I mean he's got the speed, the technique, the athleticism and the experience...

Of course he can.

But Weidman will take him down....Vitor will get tired......and then Weidman wins.
Came here to say exactly this. And add to the initial responder that said Weidman would break Vitor. If Weidman beats Anderson next month I expect him to have a very long and dominant reign at MW.

depends on the game plan weidman can imply

Back