Does the UFC need Jones anymore?

I don’t care about buy rates or draws, that’s Dana’s job

Seeing as they don't have anyone that can draw over 400k...yeah.

no kidding...just look at their 2017 PPV numbers. While UFC may not "need" any one fighter, pretty much anyone with drawing power is on the sidelines at the moment.

I think Jon Jones should move over to Bellator. Will give Bellator a boost in ratings.

It will be a clean slate for Jones. Too much bad blood at the UFC.

I always wanted to see Phil Davis vs Jones.

Jones will have less likely of another suspension

Jones vs Fedor or the HW champ whoever that may be at that time would be nice too.

He's not good for the sport so maybe it's better if he stays away

I'm sure they'd love to have him, but they don't NEED him.

Plus he's just a hassle to have around.
Actually for different reasons the biggest hassle the UFC ever had was Randy. He kept holding up the HW belt in contract disputes and would even go fight for other promotions.

Lol @ people completely side-stepping the fact Jones was doping when he beat Cormier. “Steroids or not he’s still the goat!!!! wouldn’t have mattered!!!”
Well for the steroid he popped for wouldnt have helped his performance in his fight with DC, that was even confirmed by USADA and other officials.

Also people have a problem understanding PED's enhance your bodys performance ...they do not manufacture talent. Idiots believe if you take steroids you increase your knowledge and gain a mass amount of skill....

No. Stop.

Jones vs OSP did around 400K. That's a draw.

Why are you acting like only someone who generates Conor level buys is a draw?
Its a draw by WMMA standards. Lol....

I would expect a Jon Jones comeback fight to make fans curious enough to purchase a PPV

They never needed him, obviously.
He's a great addition, and one of my favorite fighters.

Of course they need Jones.

Look at Jeff Novitzy jumping to Jon's aid when he get's caught but when lesser men get caught he's never around and it's 2 years automatic.

"it doesn't make any sense" - Jeff Novitzy

Jones vs OSP did around 400K. That's a draw.

Why are you acting like only someone who generates Conor level buys is a draw?

It did little over 300k with MM vs Cejudo as a CO main + Barboza vs Pettis on the card. Thats not a good number.

Its a draw by WMMA standards. Lol....

I would expect a Jon Jones comeback fight to make fans curious enough to purchase a PPV

If it's enough to consistently make a good profit, it's a draw.

It did little over 300k with MM vs Cejudo as a CO main + Barboza vs Pettis on the card. Thats not a good number.

Source?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/...6.1934713067.1516566629-1353818871.1516566629

Metzler had it at between 375 and 450, or approximately 400.

Back