Does the forum need an official "UFC is dying" thread

Is the UFC on a decline?

• Total voters

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
Seems like we get this topic always, whether it's another high profile fighter getting pulled by USADA
4 years bans

Haha, no way

the ufc are only saying this crap because they only want to tackle this problem for 1-2 years because after ufc 200 zuffa will sell up anyway
UFC Press Event (PED Event) Discussion (Video)

fighters refusing to fight, injuries, TV/sponsorship deals not working out.

I think I should be the host as I called this many years ago before it got easy to spot that the sport will soon be done

Now Bloomberg saying Fertittas hit hard, profits fall 40%
UFC is in trouble and they know it.
Why i think UFC will go down before 2020
Wondering what comment you'd post

No, not dying but it's already peaked, it's not growing any more, perfect time for zuffa to sell up is just after ufc 200, they'd get a decent price if they are to sell now instead of selling up in another 10 years

It's all about $$$ and the mafia brothers know about that

Give me an actual response too method
Front Row Brian - "40+% of Reebok money goes to Fertittas/Dana"

Rumour: UFC for sale
Untitled.png
<45>

Yes, the ufc is dying.

Last edited:
Mystic UL strikes again.

even if WME goes bankrupt (unlikely), someone else will buy the shiet at a better price next.

UFC/MMA is here to stay.

Last PPV did 800K+
And the next one likely will do 200k, the one after that will do another few 100k.

GSP isn't here to stay forever, and Conor already is refusing to fight which makes you think why a certain somebody was happy to let him go box.

And the next one likely will do 200k, the one after that will do another few 100k.

GSP isn't here to stay forever, and Conor already is refusing to fight which makes you think why a certain somebody was happy to let him go box.
Don't think Conor's done, also new stars will come along as they always have

The UFC isn't dying, it's just changing (for the worse for us hardcore fans)
But WME will groom new stars and focus on mainstream appeal before sports, and the UFC will be just fine

Violent country likes violence.....UFC will never die, just change owners.

Yes it's dying at a geometric rate

A business/sport like mma cant continue to constantly grow in popularity and interest, there will always be people who just dont like it for the violence or whatever reason but it will never “die” like you people love to perpetuate, as long as we are all here loving the sport there will be a show to watch

Who cares if its the ufc

One boxing PPV did more then all of UFC did in one year
Yeah with a UFC champion on it, who's now a bigger star as a result
The nr PPV draw in combat sports is a UFC fighter now, how is that a bad thing?

Better thread might be "Is Sherdog dying?" We now have WWE news on the main page, ffs.

Don't think Conor's done, also new stars will come along as they always have

The UFC isn't dying, it's just changing (for the worse for us hardcore fans)
But WME will groom new stars and focus on mainstream appeal before sports, and the UFC will be just fine
I think Conor has about 2 fights left, orginanlly 6 fights but no way he will fulfill his contract.

I expect 2018 to be a good year financially for WME, they'll likely have Conor fighting twice but then 2019/2020, most of the stars will be retired, a certain few suspended due to PED violations (Jones/Anderson)

They cannot seem to groom anyone they want as they keep losing, Weidman, Sage, PVZ, Holms.

Yeah with a UFC champion on it, who's now a bigger star as a result
The nr PPV draw in combat sports is a UFC fighter now, how is that a bad thing?

Yeah... but that ufc fighter got the low end of the deal (good for him but not for mma)

and it cost ufc 6 fights of McGregor, cant seem him finishing all 6 fights in his contract
and now look at the current situation, he is being a diva and not wanting to fight and is sitting out

I wonder how much WME actually made from the fight, still think they got screwed over badly.

Better thread might be "Is Sherdog dying?" We now have WWE news on the main page, ffs.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/ufc-discussion.2/create-thread

imo we need a whole new subforum for this topic

i´d also like a "PED cheaters" subforum

a connor macgregord subforum

a reebok deal subforum

This could be a fun subforum, evidence of declining financial situations for WME's UFC being constantly refuted by WME shills and self-taught business experts.

Seems like we get this topic always, whether it's another high profile fighter getting pulled by USADA

UFC Press Event (PED Event) Discussion (Video)

fighters refusing to fight, injuries, TV/sponsorship deals not working out.

I think I should be the host as I called this many years ago before it got easy to spot that the sport will soon be done

Now Bloomberg saying Fertittas hit hard, profits fall 40%
UFC is in trouble and they know it.
Why i think UFC will go down before 2020

Front Row Brian - "40+% of Reebok money goes to Fertittas/Dana"

Rumour: UFC for sale
Untitled.png
<45>

Yes, the ufc is dying.

at what point will you admit you're wrong? when is the end date of your schtick?

Back