Does the Dolce Diet possibly hurt a fighters cardio

Reaction score
I wrestled in HS and I had decent cardio and was always good at cutting weight. I had a teammate that didn't have to work as hard as me to do it though because he was good at "drifting" weight. I had more stamina then him when it came to matches though.

I notice with the Dolce weight cut that guys just sit in a hot tub for 30 minutes to an hour and lose all sorts of pounds doing it. They basically are well nutritioned and then just flush the water out of there system without doing any cardio work. I noticed that some of the guys that do that gas in there fights.

Relaxing in a hot tub before a fight has gotta be better for you than running in a sweatsuit in a sauna

I used to cut weight the old school way, bags, running ect. Back then i would have killed for a way to make weight without running. I cant see how his method would be worse on cardio, all methods require losing water obviously and his seems less stressful on the body.

Everyone cuts weight via sitting in hot baths/sauna's, especially pro fighters, and yea they also move, run hit mitts to cut weight, I dunno what youre quacking on about.

A mix of the two is done by pro's.

Would probably have to buy his book or book's to know what the diet/whole plan consists of.

I remember him saying in interviews that he only works with 3 or 4 athletes - as if he's pertaining that he has some secret recipe (pun intended) of how to cut weight, while Lockhart and his team work with multiple fighters.

I'd imagine a lot of fighters gas because of it being a mental thing and maybe the nutrition plan, training, cardio sessions they do don't mix well together.

Back