Does Nayt Diaz have the weakest hands in the lightweight division?

Considering Nate rocked him with a soft punch does Conor have the weakest chin at lightweight?

Last edited:
Hey dublin.... You've got some good points man you should contact Richard Perez and offer your services to him.

Kidding get the fuck outta here.

Nope, when he put everything into his punches he packs some power but that isn't his style, he's about accumulation, he'd rather hit you with 50% power 20 times than 100% power a few times.
Exactly. It sounds like Conor is going to adopt the Diaz's style of not putting all your power into every punch. Isn't that what Conor said he did wrong last time?

No Conor McGregor has the softest hands in the lightweight division. Nate knocked out Maynard and out struck Gomi before submitting them. He out struck Cerrone and had enough power in his hands that MCG quit literally and gave up his neck.

Meh, lots of guys lack KO power. Regardless, Nate is one of the best boxers at LW. Pointless thread is pointless.

You can expect some to come and say that he hurt Conor, but anyone can hurt a gassed fighter.

But yes, he is. Don't remember him being able to do anything to someone who has a good chin in the first round. Even so I think he is a more tough fight than some dude who has power but no cardio. Nate pace and cardio gives a lot of problems.

Conor is still going to beat him and make it look easy.

This fight will be great for us, a new era will start. Conor will make sure he kill the entire LW division, like he did to FW. Those fighters don't understand, until they fight.
do you have anything resembling an original thought floating around in there? why do conor fans just repeat what the man says???

In terms of sheer power he is extremely weak. He is good at volume and he plays to his strengths so it isnt necessarily a weakeness but he has the biggest pillow fists I've ever seen. He could never reproduce the punch Conor inflicted on Aldo for example. He would probably be unable to knock out an unsuspecting elerly person with one punch. Maybe if you let him punch them ten times but thats pretty weak in my opinion. However he has been successful but I believe he needs to add in some power to his game.

What do you guys think? He has always seemed like a guy that could achieve a lot but has never been able to. Maybe this is one of the problems. It could help him against wrestlers if they were afraid of getting KOd. At the moment running into Nayt Diaz punches is basically like running into a pillow fight.

this is a conor hate thread

he doesn't throw power punches is the thing

he's a volume fighter not a power fighter

i'm sure he has average power for a lightweight

In terms of sheer power he is extremely weak. He is good at volume and he plays to his strengths so it isnt necessarily a weakeness but he has the biggest pillow fists I've ever seen. He could never reproduce the punch Conor inflicted on Aldo for example. He would probably be unable to knock out an unsuspecting elerly person with one punch. Maybe if you let him punch them ten times but thats pretty weak in my opinion. However he has been successful but I believe he needs to add in some power to his game.

What do you guys think? He has always seemed like a guy that could achieve a lot but has never been able to. Maybe this is one of the problems. It could help him against wrestlers if they were afraid of getting KOd. At the moment running into Nayt Diaz punches is basically like running into a pillow fight.
No, no he's not. His hands have a good amount of power in them. He just doesn't throw the power shots often. He overwhelms with volume, just peppering in heavier shots and then when he feels his opponent fade, then he throws power shots and his opponents wobble or go down.

It's not about power with Nate, it's volume.

What is it with this "Nayt" shit that keeps getting posted?

guys like Nick and Nate are deceptive. as a young man i would box in gyms and in peoples backyards. a guy like Lawler hits you it fucking hurts your whole body and you get knocked out, a guy like Nate, Nick, Holloway or Ferguson hit you and it cracks your chin. i don't know if it's the bone density or what but its like running chin first into a broomstick propped up in the corner at a 45 degree angle. i would get hit with body shots by guys with that body type and it would feel like i was going to die. a muscular guy would hit me and it would hurt but it just wasn't the same. something about those lanky guys maybe they produce more torque or have a snap to their punches or muscles dampen the strikes. the world may never know. but Nate has that bone resonating deceptive power in his 1-2 combo.

Nate should've delivered a 1-2 to TS when he was thinking about making this thread.

Ummm he rocked

Gomi in the first and dropped him
Jim Miller dropped him
Hurt cowboy in the first round
Mj in the first round and buckled him many times
Maynard before he had a shit chin
Hurt a ww dyk not bad but still

Lets not forget conor gassed or not he rocked him.

Back