Does Jared have a real chance at touching the title now?

CatchtheseHands

The Fade Giver
@Black
Reaction score
If Strickland successfully defends against DDP Jared is the only one left that would make sense for a TS. Do you guys think Cannon could beat Strickland and get the strap if this happens? I think if Jared puts on that heavy pressure style he did with Vettori, he really does have a good chance at beating Strickland as heavy pressure generally beats styles like his. I also think he would have a fair shot with beating DDP if he ends up with the title as well. Your thoughts guys?

Edit: Yeah I know (thanks to some of you reminding me) they fought already but Sean got better since then, but as did Cannon.

Last edited:
images

Guys so low volume / kind of boring - and only getting older

add in that he doesn’t have a big following - doesn’t talk smack - doesn’t sell fights ….. he’s going to need an impressive win that has people talking before ufc gifts him a title shot

It's funny cause he does have a win over Strickland (however controversial it may be) so if we followed the O'Malley-Chito logic, he should have a title shot

Unfortunately the fact he got sidelined with a knee injury at 39y/o doesn't bode well for his return

It's funny cause he does have a win over Strickland (however controversial it may be) so if we followed the O'Malley-Chito logic, he should have a title shot

Unfortunately the fact he got sidelined with a knee injury at 39y/o doesn't bode well for his return
Oh yeah, I almost forgot they fought. It wasn't the most eventful fight from what I remember so I guess that's why it slipped my mind

Jared is the only one left that would make sense for a TS.
Not to be rude but how in the world do you conclude that a champion with no defenses has No One left if he gets to 1 defense?

MIDDLEWEIGHT​

SEAN STRICKLAND

CHAMPION​

STRICKLAND_SEAN_BELTMOCK.png

Sean has wins over Izzy and #10 Jack Hermanson. If he were to beat DDP then wins over 3 of the top 10. Not seeing how that leaves only Jared?

Cannonier vs DDP would be absolute fire works of raw power. I'd favour Cannonier honestly since nobody has been able to break him at MW. Dude ended Brunson's final run but I'd favour Strickland in the rematch since he's shown he's learned a ton from their 1st fight.

I think the Cannonier that fought Vettori is a live dog against any current MW outside of Eblen and Izzy who I think just present stylistic issues. Dudes got very technical striking with good gameplanning, physical grappling and power to hurt anybody.

Not to be rude but how in the world do you conclude that a champion with no defenses has No One left if he gets to 1 defense?

MIDDLEWEIGHT​

SEAN STRICKLAND

CHAMPION​

STRICKLAND_SEAN_BELTMOCK.png

Sean has wins over Izzy and #10 Jack Hermanson. If he were to beat DDP then wins over 3 of the top 10. Not seeing how that leaves only Jared?
when I mean no one left, I mean no one left that actually makes sense to fight for a title right now. Izzy is out for now and coming off of a loss. Rob just got finished by DDP, Costa can't even make it to fight night, let alone fight for a title again and Marvin has no business even being near a title fight after his last performance. That just leaves Jared who is 2-1 out of his last 3 who would be the only one that deserves a TS out of everyone in the top 5 atm since everyone else is coming off losses or is inactive.

No.

Jared Cannoneer is a scrub (one of the many scrubs) who just get re-shuffled in the deck, without any real possibility of becoming a fighter of consequence.

Jared Cannoneer = Placeholder, Can

If Strickland successfully defends against DDP Jared is the only one left that would make sense for a TS. Do you guys think Cannon could beat Strickland and get the strap if this happens? I think if Jared puts on that heavy pressure style he did with Vettori, he really does have a good chance at beating Strickland as heavy pressure generally beats styles like his. I also think he would have a fair shot with beating DDP if he ends up with the title as well. Your thoughts guys?

Edit: Yeah I know (thanks to some of you reminding me) they fought already but Sean got better since then, but as did Cannon.

Both Jared Gooden and Jared Gordon crossed my mind before I read the thread and saw you meant Jared Cannonier.

LMAO no idea how that worked

Back