Does it worry you when a fighter doesn't want to trash talk?

I generally prefer when fighters have mutual respect. That said, special rivalries are critical to sport, so no complaints from me as long as fights are being put on.ft

MY two favorite fighters, the ones that I will always spend cash buying their cards, have never trash talked. Fedor and GSP. And seriously don't even think of the " I am not impressed unless you remember the whole story"

Trash talk impresses children and the dimwitted.

I watch MMA because I enjoy good fights.

I dont care that much for it but i understand it sells ppvs and makes you more popular. If Rumble felt comfortable like Rampage talking shit he could be huge

I was talking about if you're a fan of a fighter and maybe his opponent is talking shit and he refuses to respond. Hilarious sarcasm btw
Sorry man. Deal. It depends on the personality of the fighter entirely. Some guys fight best when they don't allow themselves to be pulled outside themselves into verbal exchanges with wittier ppl and some fight best when they get to beat on ppl with words first. And there are a million other psychological factors to consider too.

"The mind is an object that is big and filled with lots of stuff inside."

- Kenflo, from my meditative vision

I think what Kenflo means is one size does not fit all like a damned pair of longjohns. Even longjohns come in different sizes. So let's let our fighters shine in their array of various personalities and proclivities and such.... and let's, let's just bask in that for a moment.

Sorry man. Deal. It depends on the personality of the fighter entirely. Some guys fight best when they don't allow themselves to be pulled outside themselves into verbal exchanges with wittier ppl and some fight best when they get to beat on ppl with words first. And there are a million other psychological factors to consider too.

"The mind is an object that is big and filled with lots of stuff inside."

- Kenflo, from my meditative vision

I think what Kenflo means is one size does not fit all like a damned pair of longjohns. Even longjohns come in different sizes. So let's let our fighters shine in their array of various personalities and proclivities and such.... and let's, let's just bask in that for a moment.

Trash talk is cheap. I don't care for it. What kind of drama queen needs that kind of hype to get interested in a fight???

I care for fights, not drama.

Nope

I pay to see the FIGHTers FIGHT, not talk.

If I want to see a verbal pissing match, I'll watch political debates.

Trash talk to build storylines and create hype is entertaining and isn't a problem, as long as they back it up in the octogan.

One thing I liked about Fedor is that he said almost nothing. He was an enigma, and that made him interesting. He makes it work.

Most important is to be authentic and believable. That's why the Nate Diaz comment about playing Touch-Butt is so funny and memorable, because I can believe that's the best he came up with and it's natural and unforced.

As a guy that just watches guys fight on TV, why should I be “worried”?

Selling PPVs matters in the MMA business, but it's very simplistic to think that trash talk is the only way to do that.

Come on man, the same bushido spirit that has them signing their lives away for 10k a fight? That's old news.

Fighters have made good money without acting like clowns. It's the UFC's fault they promote people for acting like clowns.

Back