Does Gastellum's win diminish GSP's?

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say most people never considered Bisping the #1 MW even when he won the belt but he is a tough top 10 fighter who can be a nightmare for people.

That being said, does Gastellum beating Bisping even quicker than GSP did, diminish GSP's win over Bisping?

If that fight had happened a month ago, Gastellum would be champ right now.

Only in the eyes of those under the illusion that Bisping was a legit top 5 talent.

GSP's win was very impressive under the circumstances, but let's not lose our minds.

Only in the eyes of those under the illusion that Bisping was a legit top 5 talent.

GSP's win was very impressive under the circumstances, but let's not lose our minds.

I agree to an extent but the applause here is not just because he beat Bisping. The real applause is that its his 11th consecutive title win. The story with Georges extends far beyond Bisping.

How about a guy who was dropped, hurt, elbowed a dozens times and then put to sleep shouldn't be fighting two weeks later?

Gastelum got a gimme fight that's what he should have done tbh.

BTW idk how Gastelum is asking for a title fight when Weidman just finished him quite easily too.

I agree to an extent but the applause here is not just because he beat Bisping. The real applause is that its his 11th consecutive title win. The story with Georges extends far beyond Bisping.
I have GSP as the p4p GOAT.
However, I don't believe he's the best MW in the world, and I don't believe MW is his division.

No. Kelvin has not only been fighting at MW long enough to now be considered at MW (unlike GSP), he fought Bisping 3 fucking weeks in China after GSP finished him. He got GSP's sloppy seconds and GSP was coming out of retirement.

These threads are stupid.

Bisping isn't a huge win but the circumstances GSP beat Bisping under were way more impressive than the circumstances Kelvin beat him under.

I have GSP as the p4p GOAT.
However, I don't believe he's the best MW in the world, and I don't believe MW is his division.

He may not be the best MW or WW in the world. I don't think that's unusual to say considering his history, plus retirement, plus injuries. The guy debuted at UFC 46.

No. Two very good fighters took out a game competitor. Arguing about how each did it without regarding their styles and activity is ridiculous. George is just getting warmed up, gastelum is a beast for his size, for once there is some real excitement in a weight class again. Factor in rockhold and Whittaker returning and MW is clearly the weight class in the UFC to watch.

Bisbing even being in the ring diminishes whatever commission OK'd the clearances on that fight.

Any other analysis that stems from that fight is garbage, honestly.

How about a guy who was dropped, hurt, elbowed a dozens times and then put to sleep shouldn't be fighting two weeks later?

Gastelum got a gimme fight that's what he should have done tbh.

BTW idk how Gastelum is asking for a title fight when Weidman just finished him quite easily too.
It does seem pretty surprising that he was allowed to fight so soon

No. Kelvin has not only been fighting at MW long enough to now be considered at MW (unlike GSP), he fought Bisping 3 fucking weeks in China after GSP finished him. He got GSP's sloppy seconds and GSP was coming out of retirement.

These threads are stupid.

Bisping isn't a huge win but the circumstances GSP beat Bisping under were way more impressive than the circumstances Kelvin beat him under.

Relax dude, it's a discussion. And judging by the wide variety of opinions in this thread, it's not stupid at all

No, but it takes shine from it.. unfortunately.. but mini Cain is no joke

Not really. I was never high on Bisping. Gatekeeper that became champ. Also didn't think he could beat either guy. Now let the champs fight in early 2018 and maybe Gastelum - Rockhold for a title shot.

That GSP loses to the GSP that retired 4 years ago.

I was not high on GSP after that performance and I expected GSP to beat Bisping.

I think it's fair to say most people never considered Bisping the #1 MW even when he won the belt but he is a tough top 10 fighter who can be a nightmare for people.

That being said, does Gastellum beating Bisping even quicker than GSP did, diminish GSP's win over Bisping?

If that fight had happened a month ago, Gastellum would be champ right now.
McGregor nut spotted.

Back