Does blaydes’ win over aspinall ‘count’?

If you get injured, that's a TKO and the opponent wins so in that case, it counts. It doesn't tell the whole story though. I think it's the logical next match for Manchester if Gane/Jones/Stipe are all going to be divas.

Aspinall should have been banned for life like Derrick Minner. That whole fiasco was bullshit and everyone knows it. Yes UK scrub Aspinall lost. IF Aspinall isn't fighting Blaydes in Manchester. I really could care less what he does next.
What?

That's how I saw it too.
Curtis landed hard
Blaydes was outstriking Aspinall in the few exchanges they had for what its worth.
It counts as Blaydes was clearly winning
What?

Blaydes was clearly winning, Tom got hurt, fight over. Not much happened. I can't simplify it much more than that.
You're saying that Blaydes was clearly winning  before the knee blew out, not  including it?

The whole fight is above your post in slow mo, I don't know how much clearer  that can be

Last edited:
How was he clearly winning?

Expand on that please.
He landed more meaningful strikes. Had the fight ended and somehow we had to judge the fight based on the exchanges, Blaydes wins the round 10-9.

You're saying that Blaydes was clearly winning  before the knee blew out, not  including it?

The whole fight is above your post on slow mo, I don't know how much clearer  that can be
Definitely. Had the fight stopped the moment before the injury, you score the round 10-9 to Blaydes.

Yes. Although most would probably say that Tom beats Blaydes easily 10 / 10 times.

But, the loss was legit, injury or not.

Curtis could have jumped on him and wailed on him at that point. Tom was incapacitated. Blaydes was still ready to fight.

He didn't land strikes. Try again

May I suggest glasses if that's how you saw it
He did. I don't think there will be much resolution here. We have wildly differing views over what I think is a pretty clear 30 seconds or so of fighting. Have a good one sherbro.

He landed more meaningful strikes. Had the fight ended and somehow we had to judge the fight based on the exchanges, Blaydes wins the round 10-9.
I don't think you can score a round based on 15 seconds.

Besides, Blaydes landed 4 of 10 strikes. Aspinall landed 3 of 5. Thats a whole 1 strike difference where neither landed anything of note. Curtis was throwing and whiffing a lot more though.

Besides, Blaydes landed 4 of 10 strikes. Aspinall landed 3 of 5. Thats a whole 1 strike difference where neither landed anything of note. Curtis was throwing and whiffing a lot more though.
I know you can't, hence the reference of "somehow we had to judge the fight".

I would score that for Blaydes, I've seen the fight several times.

He did. I don't think there will be much resolution here. We have wildly differing views over what I think is a pretty clear 30 seconds or so of fighting. Have a good one sherbro.
I've already posted it. In slow mo. And detailed each thrown strike by Blaydes and where they land.

You haven't addressed that

The "clear" is clearly described. You've described nothing because you have nothing to describe.

I've counted. Blaydes threw 9 strikes and I don't know if punching the side of someone's chest counts as landing, but if something like that does, then he's barely got 4.

I know you can't, hence the reference of "somehow we had to judge the fight".

I would score that for Blaydes, I've seen the fight several times.
Thank goodness you aren't a judge lmao. The ones we have are already bad enough.

Curtis landed fuck all, Aspinall landed fuck all.

I've already posted it. In slow mo. And detailed each thrown strike by Blaydes and where they land.

You haven't addressed that

The "clear" is clearly described. You've described nothing because you have nothing to describe.
The clear decision is, Blaydes landed more meaningful strikes. You don't think a blow landing on a bodypart counts, I do. Is it as effective as a flush land? No. I count it, you don't. Blaydes has more activity, albeit with less accuracy.

Clearly, Blaydes was winning the fight before the injury.

A win is a win but it doesn't always tell who's the better fighter, of the night

Back