Does anyone think PFL will be successful?

Yes, the Professional Fighters League can be a successful MMA organization as long the PFL keeps going about it's business on putting on fights, regularly, building their own stars, and building up it's own fan base. The exact strategy Bjorn Rebney used to build Bellator and it became so attractive to get Viacom's attention and Viacom paid millions to purchase Bellator. The PFL will also be successful by eventually getting off of NBCSN and onto TBS or TNT or FS1 or FS2. Those networks alone will allow the PFL to get more eyeballs on their product, which in turn get more sponsors putting dollars into the PFL. I really hope the PFL is successful.

Last edited:
As long as they keep letting UFC pilfer their top fighters, nope.
A absolutely generic statement because you can't even name one fighter the UFC took from the PFL since the PFL season started.

obviously it won't come anywhere close to the UFC. But hopefully it can last for a while and some fighters can make some good money.

I don't see it as being competition for the UFC. I just think it could be a cool yearly MMA tradition.

I complain about WMMA but i'm actually interested in Harreson, have to think she ends up in the UFC pretty soon though.

obviously it won't come anywhere close to the UFC. But hopefully it can last for a while and some fighters can make some good money.

I'm still going to laugh if Will Brooks makes a million dollars, talk about crashing and burning into a gold mine that you are ungreatful to be in.

NBCSN does,much larger ratings than FS2, they are the cable provider for the NHL, Premier League & the second half of NASCAR season.

TNT & TBS were never going to show the UFC, it was going to be on Tru TV

You people doubting that the finalists are going to get paid are ridiculous. There are some well known investors who are very successful business people backing PFL, so there is no reason to think that the fighters won't get paid and a huge scandal erupting as a result. I have really been enjoying the first PFL season still under way, so I hope they have great playoffs and finals and get some good press when six fighters win over a million dollars. Next year should be even better when the talent pool sees the promo photos of fighters holding those oversized checks with seven figures on them.

I'm still going to laugh if Will Brooks makes a million dollars, talk about crashing and burning into a gold mine that you are ungreatful to be in.
That could actually get the attention of a lot of fighters.

You people doubting that the finalists are going to get paid are ridiculous. There are some well known investors who are very successful business people backing PFL, so there is no reason to think that the fighters won't get paid and a huge scandal erupting as a result. I have really been enjoying the first PFL season still under way, so I hope they have great playoffs and finals and get some good press when six fighters win over a million dollars. Next year should be even better when the talent pool sees the promo photos of fighters holding those oversized checks with seven figures on them.

I'm dubious about people getting paid $1M until we see it happen. As for what I bolded / underlined you should really think about what you wrote...you think well known investors and successful business people are going to part ways with that kind of money if their product ends up being a dud?

I'm dubious about people getting paid $1M until we see it happen. As for what I bolded / underlined you should really think about what you wrote...you think well known investors and successful business people are going to part ways with that kind of money if their product ends up being a dud?
Yes, because straight up ripping people off because they were disappointed with the ratings or didn't get the return on investment they expected in a new venture is bad business that would affect their reputations and other businesses potentially in this day and age of social media outrage. You have to figure these experienced and successful businessmen have reailstic expectations for the kind of tv ratings and Facebook viewership they will end up with and that they are in it for the medium term at least if not long haul to try to build something and last a few years at least like WSOF did despite all the pundits' predictions of their imminent demise. Frankly, you sound like someone who just doesn't understand how business works with the comments you are making.

Yes, because straight up ripping people off because they were disappointed with the ratings or didn't get the return on investment they expected in a new venture is bad business that would affect their reputations and other businesses potentially in this day and age of social media outrage. You have to figure these experienced and successful businessmen have reailstic expectations for the kind of tv ratings and Facebook viewership they will end up with and that they are in it for the medium term at least if not long haul to try to build something and last a few years at least like WSOF did despite all the pundits' predictions of their imminent demise. Frankly, you sound like someone who just doesn't understand how business works with the comments you are making.

Funny as I was thinking the same thing about you.

I would be very surprised it the winners got paid the promised amount. There is a reason why those payouts are supposed to happen at the very end of the whole thing. In my opinion, the business model is to never pay them that amount.
They just got a $28mil investment last week...

They'll be out of business in a year. I say a year being very generous lol

They'll be out of business in a year. I say a year being very generous lol
That doesn't really make sense. Even WSOF, as unsuccessful as it was, lasted five years and branched into other countries.

Your comment was stupid.

That doesn't really make sense. Even WSOF, as unsuccessful as it was, lasted five years and branched into other countries.

Your comment was stupid.

Wsof wasn't offering million dollar pay days or aggressively signing ex UFC fighters

Back