Does anyone notice a trend of fights being on PPVs or Main events that dont belong there

I used to watch every fight on the main card and watched prelims the majority of the time, EVERY CARD. Now I almost always skip prelims unless there's a fighter I care about or I know is a gonna throw down.

The WMMA really turns me off unless it's someone kind of hot or Rousey getting murdered.

Agree with most of that except I still try to catch all the fights, even if it is a replay.

Trend? This has been normal for awhile.
tumblr_mm87e7zjue1rjkv0co1_500.gif

Plus expectations have went way up with hardcore fans
Not really. Go back and look at those 2010-2011 cards - you knew every name on main card and multiple titles - real titles.

I just want same. Not watered down and definity not so much WMMA with low skill crack addicts and soccer moms

Not really. Go back and look at those 2010-2011 cards - you knew every name on main card and multiple titles - real titles.

I just want same. Not watered down and definity not so much WMMA with low skill crack addicts and soccer moms
All depends on the fan really. How many fans would whine about a card with todays version of UFC 127 Fitch vs Penn?

It's so depressing being an mma fan now, no superstar looks promising to watch.

The Champs can't even pull the casuals to watch them.

I been noticing that theres been a weird trend of fights that normally dont main event or be on a main cards that are on the main cards or main eventing fight cards. Its almost like the guys that bought the UFC arent in touch or maybe dont care what UFC fans want. This plus Danas favoritism towards Conor McGregor has made me lose lots of love for the sport. I blame this on why the UFC has been declining heavily. I find myself watching sports i never been that interested in the past. Like Basketball and football. Has anyone notice this or feel the same ?

UFC's problems are not new.
But mostly it is the inability of the promotion to bring real talent and hype them properly.
In other words, a promotion that has no clue how to promote fighters properly.
So they rely on fighters ability to promote themselves.

That's why when they see a guy like Conor, they jump behind him,. because them they don't need to promote him.

Bottom line: UFC fails at the basic thing they should be good at: Promoting.

Back