Does anyone like to cook fried chicken?

I LOVE frying chicken...

If I gave out the family recipe, I'd be disowned so...

My Mom was a Red Belt in Southern Soul Food Cooking and let's just say that the pecan didn't fall far from the tree.
My wife can cook Filipino and German dishes with ease and she basically goes into perma-glee mode when I make my chicken.

I'll give you ONE ingredient...

Paprika.

Go forth young Jedi and just do it!

I LOVE frying chicken...

My Mom was a Red Belt in Southern Soul Food Cooking and let's just say that the pecan didn't fall far from the tree.
My wife can cook Filipino and German dishes with ease and she basically goes into perma-glee mode when I make my chicken.

Paprika.

damn man , now I really want to know! How far was my recipe? does it sound good? I'll have to find some old southern african american woman to tell me her secret.

i wish i fried food more often but i really hate using up that much oil.

i do like your .5 corn starch recipe though. a lot of people in the US only think of 100% flour but i personally think chicken fried with a mix of flour and potato starch or rice starch/flour has a much better texture. thinner on the outside, absorbs less oil, and usually crisper and carries the seasoning better
thanks mang. I dont actually use that much oil as I cut up the chicken into nuggets. i only have to drain the pan once and refill it, and I make alot of chicken.

I LOVE frying chicken...

Paprika.

This man knows. Smoky Paprika is a must

I do, but it's a pain in the ass. But it's also better than any place near me.

my recipe is corn oil fish sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and sugar

popeyes.png
Haven't been to Popeye's since I was a kid, it was amazing.

Not often but every now and then. I copied this guy on YouTube and it came out fucking great.

Definitely a labor of love since it can be kind of a pain. Before I would do your basic buttermilk batter, but I've been doing it Korean style lately as I could freebase that sweet spicy sauce it is so delicious and addictive.

To many a lot of the enjoyment of food is the cooking process. To each their own.

Many? Maybe to some. Frying is a chore compared to other forms of cooking. You dropped a piece of meat in a bucket of oil. Whoopdefuckingdo.

Many? Maybe to some. Frying is a chore compared to other forms of cooking. You dropped a piece of meat in a bucket of oil. Whoopdefuckingdo.
Frying chicken is much more than just throwing in oil. There are tons of ways to do the brine, batter, a few different ways to fry, and in some cases like with Korean the variety of sauces. And since chicken is not very flavorful naturally its pretty easy to mess up either being too bland or over seasoned.

Plus restaurants usually use special fryers that aren't very practical in a home so you have to be clever to compensate for that.

I do it Filipino style. Marinate it in soy sauce, calamansi (or lemon), garlic, and a dash of sesame oil. Fry it up and serve with rice and the optional macaroni salad on the side. You also gotta have that side of atchara (pickled veggies). Good stuff. I do it this way because I prefer the chicken without a breading or coating and this is the perfect way to do it. Not to mention I grew up eating it.

My wife is Filipino and that chicken is killer. We usually serve it with salad and another vegetable though, in this case asparagus.

IMG_7770.JPG

Back