Does anyone here have GERD/Acid Reflux?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've recently been diagnosed with it and it really sucks... I believe it's affecting my weightlifting and kickboxing too. For the people who have it, could you still continue to work out/ train and did you get cured eventually?
Been in a really depressed state since it started.

Last edited:
yeah i had. got a fire in my stomach after hitting the bag too much or during sparring. very discouraging. My advice is to drink some cold water when it happens. Also cut out all sugar, thats a big reason for acid reflux. i havent had it since cutting out the sweets.

Yeah, have had it bad for awhile. got some Medication from the doctor. Have to avoid certain foods, drink lots of water. Have really had to alter my diet Even then, If I know that I'll be eating something that will cause problems I have to make sure to take the medication at least 1/2 hour before eating. And somedays the body just acts up and there is not much I can do - just gotta deal.

Try eating more bland food, a strong probiotic, and fermented food - adding those to my diet have helped a lot (with the Acid Reflux).

cabbage and apple cider vinegar helps with acid reflux.

Back