Does anyone have any recommendations for Ironmind *wrist* products?

sakfjgadsyukgf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm already working out with the standard grippers and the Imtug for thumb/whatever that meaty part of the hand near the thumb is. I'm interested in adding one of their wrist products- here's a list of them https://www.ironmind-store.com/Wrist_Forearm-Strength-Tools/products/41/

I already use CoC to improve my nogi game, I guess I'm adding wrist stuff just for general purpose strength. Wrist products seem to come down to, either a roller or a weighted-end hammer. Those seem to be the two big categories, there are a bunch of products in both (not just Ironmind) but they all seem to fall in to one of those two. Interested to hear if anyone has any strong opinions on whether rollers or hammers are better for real-world, general strength.

P.S. Does everyone using CoC grippers now close them with the 'credit card rule', where you have to be able to fit a credit card in between them? I'm a manlet with small hands, I struggled with this for a while but now I found something a bit smaller to measure my sets and it's perfect. I just use an Apple USB charger (the big bulky ones that come with the iPhone- with the fold-out plugs and the two USBs). Perfect size. With a credit card the gripper would sort of roll around in my hand as I stretched to fit it, even with chalk.

I always see people claiming that they can close whatever, a 1 or 2 or 2.5 or whatever, but it seems like without mentioning how far apart you let the handles go that's kinda incomplete information. Like saying you squat 500 lbs. but not mentioning you only go down a third of the way

this and the following video are awesome. jedd johnson is the man. if you need gripper strength info and other stuff, then go to the diesel crew site or blog.

also strongergrip has the right tools if you wanna see some stuff besides ironmind.

john brookfield is another guy to look up on youtube for low tech grip training.

i use heavy clubbells for years now and i can only recommend trying it. it really hits all the things you need for a stronger grip plus it is great prehab for your rotators and elbows.
also using sledge hammers on a tire for conditioning is a really good grip/wrist training.

cheers....

Last edited:
FWIW, arm wrestlers told me that grippers are no good and just give you tendonitis. They prefer the "hammer type" stuff, but then again, arm wrestling can be pretty specific in what strength you actually need (I'm told it's really, really almost all technique). Just load a dumbell on one side and google "chishi exercises" from Okinawan Karate.

Back