Does Anybody Really Believe Conor Beats Woodley?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This fight has been talked about by both men. Im a huge Conor fan but holy crap he would get owned. It would look like Daley/MacDonald.

Would anyone advise him to take this fight? I know he would because he thinks he beats anybody 145-170 but come on son.

I think Conor can catch Woodley early. Tyron can be very hesitant which doesn't bode well against a guy like Conor.

Tyron would need to wrestle early and often.

Don't be surprised that most Shertards think so. Shertards think he can be 5 weight champ ffs.

Woodley is so passive and I think that Conor has good enough footwork and fight IQ to make him miss all those power shots surges and most of the takedowns

Yes. Woodley backs against the cage like JDS all the time and if he does that he is begging for Conor to spark him.

However I am a realist. Woodley could easily beat Conor too.

Woodley has incredibly good defense. It's hard to hit the guy.

I would pick Woodley but I wouldn't be that surprised to find out that McGregor could make Woodley passive.

I don't believe Conor's power translates at 170 tbh. Everyone claims that Nate Diaz is such a huge LW as if he belongs at 170 or something (although he got ragdolled by Rory Mac). And Nate, although a freak of nature, was eating those punches.

I also don't see his speed translating very well either. He might connect, but I don't think it'll be enough to put Woodley down and then the wrestling will come...

The only thing I can see Conor winning is the mental aspect. There are times when I question Woodley's mental toughness.

They both have the same height and reach but Woodley is a natural 170er (in fighter weight), Conor is a natural 155er and Woodley is stronger.

If Woodley can weather the stand-up from Wonderboy then I would say he can do the same for Conor. In my view he wrestles Conor dead.

Woodley's a very good fighter but ill never forget how badly Rory sonn'ed him. Matter fact a Rory/Conor fight would be very interesting..(and fun for Conor haters)

Woodley would chop Conor's lead leg due to zero TD threat. Then he would either knock McGregor into next week with a straight right or get the TD followed by savage GnP. Conor would need full time staff to help him get dressed, brush his teeth, eat his meals, empty his adult diaper, etc. He will no longer be able to drive his fancy automobiles...Woodley is better than Conor where ever the fight goes. It might be fun to have Woodley punish him for a full round and then finish him in R2 so he can't claim he simply got caught...

As long as he doesn't pull an Aldo and charge in face first into Mcgregor's fist Woodly by all accounts should win

This fight has been talked about by both men. Im a huge Conor fan but holy crap he would get owned. It would look like Daley/MacDonald.

Would anyone advise him to take this fight? I know he would because he thinks he beats anybody 145-170 but come on son.
jake-no.gif
conor-caught-by-diaz.gif
UFC_205_Free_Fight_Tyron_Woodley_vs_Robbie_Lawler.gif
tyron-woodley-ufc-167-finish.gif

Well i think he atleast has a chance. You know when Woodley starts advancing and throw those punches that makes him look like a fish out of water? Yeh, i can EASILY see a straight left down the middle knocking Woodley out.

EDIT:

Something like this

giphy.gif

Last edited:
yeah, I think Woodley has shown in his last two fights to be completely beatable by someone who's willing to be aggressive. Dude is a great fighter, but the only reason he won those two fights against Wonderboy is because Wonderboy wasn't aggressive enough either.

Woodley absolutely has the tools and size to take McGregor out, but I don't think he has the fight IQ he'd need.

I think Conor beats Lawler but not Woodley because of the wrestling.

I think Lawler beats Woodley in a rematch.

The only reason Nate survived is because of his chin. Thats a hard match up anyday for Conor.

Back