Dober Did Okay

Have some of you never seen Renato in the octagon before? That wasn’t even remotely close to lay n pray. Dude is a finisher and would’ve gotten it if Dober wasn’t so strong and well prepared. He wasn’t holding on for dear life. He was actively looking for submissions and looking for ways to improve his position. I’m as justbleed as the next fan, but heebusgeebus. Moicano has good striking but an even better ground game with many finishes. Dober has big power and pretty good boxing. Renato made the right choice because he could. Now if a dude just lamely lays on top of opponent and body surfs for 15 I’m all in with you with the torches and pitchforks. This is ain’t it though 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
The eye got ruined by a clash of heads

I hate lay and pray, that wasn't it. Renato was very active on top looking to mount, looking for an arm triangle and trying to take the back, he just didn't land much GnP
Was it for sure a headbut? I know that’s what they said on the broadcast but his face smashed off the canvas right when the cut appeared

I'm trying to be entertained. I miss the days where they use to stand fighters up.

Predicted Dober by levels
Saw Renato by a level
Heard Renato take "Hot balls" to an unimaginable level.

Dober was playing too defensive on the mat and lost himself the fight. After he tried and failed to muscle a few standups in the back half of the first round he knew he couldn't muscle his way up and couldn't technique his way up, all he could do is avoid getting subbed.

Moicano took the easy route but that's the game

Seriously. Dober got completely outclassed

I have never not enjoyed Dobers fights. He is truly entertaining. Unfortunately he is not top 10 caliber but hopefully UFC keeps him around.

Meh.

Good fight between a savage striker and a brazilian.

Edge of seat the whole fight.

Got to see Dober land.
Got to see Moicano not let Dober get up.
Got to see Dober get up anyway, once.

Both guys busted up.

Greatest post fight interview in the history of the sport. Triggered many sherflakes and other flakes.

People here can't get past their myopic preferences to recognize brilliant competition.

Lol I missed the Sherflakes triggering, what were the reactions on here?

I want Dober vs Cruickshank . Gentlesmens agreement to stand up and fight.
Daaron Cruickshank?
A blast from the past that one. Hasnt fought in the ufc for 8 years and been inactive since 2021 though. Only 38 so maybe not completely done or idk.

dober is not that a good fighter tbh.

How is it Dober can be in the sport as long as he has and not learn the ground game? Look at Molly for reference.

Dober's lack of TDD is what prevents him to being a real contender.

Fiziev was able to shut down all of Moicano's takedowns and then easily destroyed him on the feet. Moicano is not Arman or Islam. Dober should have been able to better defend takedowns from a guy like that.

That wasn’t lay and pray… Did you miss the dozen plus guard passes Moicano hit on Dober?

Forget a 5 rounder, I don’t think Dober had anything left by the third round.
Lay and pray is when a fighter holds down a fighter and doesn’t attempt to inflict real damage, uses pitter patter strikes to avoid a standup, or fails to try to finish the fight via submission.
Passing guard is virtually irrelevant.

Meh.

Good fight between a savage striker and a brazilian.

Edge of seat the whole fight.

Got to see Dober land.
Got to see Moicano not let Dober get up.
Got to see Dober get up anyway, once.

Both guys busted up.

Greatest post fight interview in the history of the sport. Triggered many sherflakes and other flakes.

People here can't get past their myopic preferences to recognize brilliant competition.
Meh.
“Not letting your opponent get up” is hardly a brilliant performance.

The eye got ruined by a clash of heads

I hate lay and pray, that wasn't it. Renato was very active on top looking to mount, looking for an arm triangle and trying to take the back, he just didn't land much GnP
Thats like the exact definition of lay n pray. You laying on the guy bc you avoiding the standup, while at the same time not doing any damage. Or is looking for mount more damaging that I'm thinking?

Back