Do you think Adesanya baited Poatan to open up and get overly aggressive?

Do you Adesanya baited Poatan to open up and get overly aggressive?

• Total voters
If you notice, the way Izzy was defending allowed him to free up his right hand and use his hips to create power behind that punch. You can't do that without a plan or it's ineffective. His placement and power was on point. Chances of doing that without a plan is very low.

I'm not gonna say yes for sure but it's pretty plausible. Less of a master gameplan and more of an adjustment that he saw had potential to work. From the first round I got worried Pereira didn't seem to mind when Adesanya was throwing back fast counters in close and then what do you know: that's exactly what got him.

Leg kicks were clearly taking a toll, but it did look like he took advantage of the situation the way he landed those two big shots

100% yes. He held his composure well every time Poatan walked him down and was clearly setting up that right hand.

That's not to say that the leg kicks weren't hurting Izzy, they definitely were.

He literally did the rope and dope. He acted like his leg hurt for a sec and immediately turtles up to cover. Knowing Alex is going ro go for the kill. So he could counter. Had izzy been dodging the punches then randomly swung. Then yes, but he literally waited blocked unloaded.

Izzy made his name off of being a counter puncher. And the next Anderson (another counter puncher)

Id have to see the replay but it didnt look that way too me. He was really trying to knock izzy out and izzy looked in danger and extricated himself by sending POATAN to the shadow realms.

In b4 the backstage footage of Izzy practicing his leg buckling after eating a bunch of low kicks.

That's exactly it, however I do think his legs were starting to give out.
He also caught him with the same combo that stunned Pereira in their second and third fights, Izzy wasn't fucking around here and knew his best shot to finishing Pereira was in the early rounds before the damage accumulates too much.

It was still very competitive until the finish, idk what's next but Izzy showed up tonight and impressed the fuck out of me considering how much he had going against him in this fight.

According to Israel he played possum so to make Poatan think he got him in trouble and in fact it was a set up for that beautiful counter right.

If this is true, that was impressive by Izzy.
Yeah. Brilliant move. Not sure if it was game-planned or spur of the moment, but it was much needed because he sure as hell wasn't winning a firefight with Alex and Alex is always dangerous.

He was covering up and moving too well to truly be hurt. I thought it was a trap as it happened.

Back