Do you think Adesanya baited Poatan to open up and get overly aggressive?

Do you Adesanya baited Poatan to open up and get overly aggressive?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formerly known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to Israel he played possum so to make Poatan think he got him in trouble and in fact it was a set up for that beautiful counter right.

If this is true, that was impressive by Izzy.

I don’t think he baited him. He got Alex coming in for the kill

Eating those leg kicks was probably not part of the plan.

He played possum a bit, but Alex more so got way too careless

I do think he was feeling the leg kicks. But was waiting for his opportunity when Pereira got aggressive. So little of both maybe?

Alex swinging from the hips with his hands down equals the perfect chance for a right hand. He let this fight get away from him chasing a finish far too early.

no way, he was hurt up against the fence and threw a hail mary left hook right hook and it landed

Looked like part of the game plan to eat kicks, fake being hurt, bring him in, Hands down like he does and rock him

I honestly dont know how else you beat Alex in a stand up fight. His presence is like a final boss.....

You almost just have to go into the fire to land clean on him.

Nah, he was really hurt but defended well and was able to counter, Izzy had a solid chin.

I think his leg was hurt.. but i also think he covered up planning to throw that right.

In the slow-mo, it didn’t look like Alex got through his guard, and Izzy is a great counter puncher. What was clear was Izzy was willing to trade shots in the pocket which he didn’t do the last fight.

In a 3rd fight, it’ll be interesting to see how Alex adjusts, maybe not rush in for the kill.

I do think he was feeling the leg kicks. But was waiting for his opportunity when Pereira got aggressive. So little of both maybe?

Yea I put not sure cause the leg kicks were clearly bothering him. Every time he took a big one it changed the entire complexion of the fight and he’s immediately start retreating. Alex leg kicks must be deadly.

He seemed very aware as Poatan walked in for the kill, and the counter looks too crisp for someone who was compromised. So I do believe he was playing possum, he probably decided to do it on the fly once he accepted that his legs were on thin ice.

Of course he did! Cerebral assassin!!! Izzy is legit the main character, and that was beautiful violence

I tend to believe it. If his leg was indeed compromised there is no way he would’ve been able to lean on it to generate enough power to knock out Alex.
Not sure I follow. You're saying he faked the injury?
If his leg was actually hurt, then baiting him in to get shots in asap at close distance was a reason to bait Alex rather than act tough and hide the damage.

Poatans leg kicks looked like it was bothering him and Poatan was on the attack.. I mean he did the right thing covering up.

But people forget that Izzy has stopped and dropped a lot of top fighters. He's no Bisping with his punches. You open up on him you risk getting KOed yourself

I think Izzy’s leg was hurt but I also think the covering up then firing off after Pereira finished throwing was a planned attack so Izzy could easily land his right hand. If you watch it looked very on purpose and quick, like it was a technique that he had a strategy for, and was ready to use.

I don’t know if it was planned, but I know that I have seen Izzy using hesitations even when covered up and opening a few times before he found the perfect shot. Very cerebral stuff, he waited calmly and used the opportunity when he saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back