Social Do you realize your ancestors were black?

is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha moment? yeah, they were black. no, I dont give a shit.

And how much arable land there is. Water + farmable land + indigenous farmable crops = larger populations = more complex societies = more war = more advanced weaponry and an arms race.

Additionally, what indigenous animals are available that can possibly be domesticated. Luckily, Eurasia was the home to pigs, cows, sheep, horses and goats. They hit the jackpot.

Other parts of the world like the Americas and Africa did not have animals that are capable of being domesticated (well.) Some animals such as African Buffalo simply do not have the temperament to be domesticated even though people tried.
In these locations especially though organisation of water management resulted in much greater fertility which probably pushed society towards more organised civilisations.

Northern Europe on the other hand was actually fairly slow to advanced civilisation because farming could happen on an individual level, it didnt need large scale hypnological engineering to reach high productivity because year round rainfall was plentiful.

The bigger environmental factor I would say is availability of water, a lot of these locations have seasonal rainfall/flooding and benefited from from organised irrigation of crops and/or water storage.
Water is certainly the main factor. It's no coincidence that Sumer arose between and around the banks of the Tigri and Euphrates. Egypt had the Nile and the Indus Valley Civ. had the Indus and its tributaries.

Europe has large rivers: Danube, Dnieper, Thames, Volga and others. Europe's oldest civ - the Minoans - didn't emerge around these large rivers. S.America has the Amazon but their most complex civilizations arose around western S.America, along the Andes.

The crops and animals that made Sumer the birthplace of Civ grew wild in what is today Turkey and the foothils of the Zagros mountains.

Water is certainly the main factor. It's no coincidence that Sumer arose between and around the banks of the Tigri and Euphrates. Egypt had the Nile and the Indus Valley Civ. had the Indus and its tributaries.

Europe has large rivers: Danube, Dnieper, Thames, Volga and others. Europe's oldest civ - the Minoans - didn't emerge around these large rivers. S.America has the Amazon but their most complex civilizations arose around western S.America, along the Andes.

The crops and animals that made Sumer the birthplace of Civ grew wild in what is today Turkey and the foothils of the Zagros mountains.

Temperature is obviously a major factor. This is what the Dnieper River looks like in January.

people-use-frozen-river-dnepr-to-go-skating-dnepropetrovsk-ukraine-january-city-56742601.jpg

Last edited:
Warch it, if you blow my cover you are banned. My name used to be Positive Balance and if you talk bad about BJ Penn, I'll ban you also. ;)
Ahh, good times.
I remember Positive Balance unleashing a torrent of abuse my way because I said (before the first BJ/Edgar fight) that BJ didn’t have the cardio to keep up with Edgar’s pace. BJ was thought to be invincible at the time.

Ahh, good times.
I remember Positive Balance unleashing a torrent of abuse my way because I said (before the first BJ/Edgar fight) that BJ didn’t have the cardio to keep up with Edgar’s pace. BJ was thought to be invincible at the time.
Yes, Sherdog's golden era.

is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha moment? yeah, they were black. no, I dont give a shit.
Of course. I'm taking BLM signs ups; there is no fee to sign up, but you can donate. This thread is purely propaganda to indoctrinate you into evil conspiracies that are out to get you if you don't join. You should see the list of people in this thread that have signed up and donated. Did you want me to send you the application?

IDK dude. In fact I find that ancient civilisations all happened in warm climates. If you count Greece and Rome as warm (which I do not think is the case though as it gets chilly in winter over there) then you need to wait until like what, the 8th century and the Franks for the first kingdom worth a shit in Northern Yurrp?

I mean I do get the theory and it makes sense but it does fly in the face of historical evidence IMO.
All civilizations start on fertile river basins and spread outward from there. I don't think this contradicts the idea that people from temporal climates have genetic adaptations to their environment.

No. Not in my own conclusions.

as with the evolution of every other animal on this planet, i still think races are the direct result of evolution of different subspecies due to their location (both in time and environment) within the Hominin Timeline.

so no, with that theory, my ancestors were not black.

Many people also have Jewish ancestors as well as black…albeit maybe not at the same time.

All civilizations start on fertile river basins and spread outward from there. I don't think this contradicts the idea that people from temporal climates have genetic adaptations to their environment.
I don't see anyone having an issue with the theory that people can have regional adaptations, like Tibetans and certain Andean populations being adapted to live in elevations with lower oxygen % or circumpolar peoples being stockier than others.

The contentious issue centers around the argument put forth - popular in some rightwing circles - that people from colder climates are smarter because evolutionary pressures led to positive selection of delayed gratification. One would expect to find the founding of civilization and the earliest advances in science in the colder regions if this were true but that is not the case.

Last edited:
Uh-oh. Shhhh TS. You're going to trigger the culture justice warriors.

My ancestors were caxcan indians from Zacatecas,MX and spaniards. I get sunburned easily if I am part black it is like 2 percent.

Indigenous European Hunter Gatherer are also said to have been dark skinned. But their genetic contribution is tiny (in modern Europeans)

I don't see anyone having an issue with the theory that people can have regional adaptations, like Tibetans and certain Andean populations being adapted to live in elevations with lower oxygen % or circumpolar peoples being stockier than others.

The contentious issue centers around the argument put forth - popular in some rightwing circles - that people from colder climates are smarter because evolutionary pressures led to positive selection of delayed gratification. One would expect to find the founding of civilization and the earliest advances in science in the colder regions if this were true but that is not the case.
The big issue here is assuming high intelligence = first to civilization. One would not expect this if they know the multitude of factors which contribute to developing civilization.

In my opinion differences in intelligence are not directly the result of climate, they are just the result of genetic bottlenecks where happenstance leads to a very small number of people being able to establish a new population.

The big issue here is assuming high intelligence = first to civilization. One would not expect this if they know the multitude of factors which contribute to developing civilization.

In my opinion differences in intelligence are not directly the result of climate, they are just the result of genetic bottlenecks where happenstance leads to a very small number of people being able to establish a new population.

The issue is that it is popular in rightwing circles to attribute civilization with intelligence. They point to the lack of ancient civilizations in some parts of the world as proof of the backwardness of some people. If we acceot their 'theory' that cold climates produced intelligent people then the proponents of this delayed-gratification 'theory' need to explain why civilization arose in warm climates.

Back