Do you love or hate Led Zeppelin?

Do you love or hate Led Zeppelin?

• Total voters
I think their music is good but I think they were evil creepy f****** who abused girls so I never listen to them because of that.

I do not believe in separating the artist from the art.

Last edited:
I like them but I think they are quite a bit over rated.

The fact that a large portion of their hits are covers stolen from older and generally not famous or wealthy artists and that they attempted to release the songs as their own without crediting the artists they took from (until they got caught) doesn't sit well with me.

A lot of the older blues artists never really made it big and died broke. Then zepplin comes out years later and steals their melodies, lyrics (with maybe slight changes) and play it thru distortion and get the credit and the money...

That said, their more mature and properly original stuff is great and they really had a high level of musicianship. John Paul Jones doesn't get enough credit, dude was a solid keyboardist and added quite a bit of depth to their sound.

And I was surprised to find out that Plant actually played the harmonica on "When The Levee Breaks" (another of their covers I think).

How can you not love this tribute to the band. ..... see below

WITH the band there watching their own most famous song AND their dead drummer's son stepping in to play drums AND U.S. President and First Lady there in the audience too.

A stunning rendition by Heart of 'Stairway to Heaven'.
This has 148million youtube views :

Its about the most authentic and high-quality cover of that song I've heard.

Last edited:
Incredible foursome, Plant - vocals, Page - lead, Jones - bass and Bonham - drums arguably top 10 GOATs in each of their respective categories.

Bonham is up there with Peart as one of my all time fav drummers

In 2009, I went through a Led Zeppelin phase and binge listened to all their albums once a week for about 3 months.

At home, at work, in the car, etc.

So, while I consider myself a fan, my current Spotify playlist of about 300 songs only includes 'Immigrant Song' and 'Out on the Tiles'.

I have all of their albums on vinyl... All first US pressings. One of the goat bands.

While they did use a lot of blues influence in their earlier stuff, I think the amount of "stealing" they did was overrated. In fact on the sleeve of Led Zeppelin I they did credit Willie Dixon for two of the songs on the album in 1969. So they did credit the artists they covered. Many riffs were taken from songs too but LZ is clearly not even close to the only band that has done that... no different than the Stones or Beatles. To think otherwise is absurd.

They majority of their stuff is original and it's still amazing. Not like they needed to steal anything to prove that they were a collection of some of the greatest musicians to ever play together.

Back