Do you like steak sauce?

IDGETKTFO

White Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As a steak connoisseur, I usually dont use steak sauce. But In my childhood, i grew up eating over cooked sirloin steaks. Luckily my dad always had A-1 steak sauce in the fridge. That said, I prefer a rare to medium rare steak that needs no steak sauce. But I still get that craving for a cardboard steak with steak sauce. Lately A-1 has changed their recipe and their A-1 steak sauce is not what it used to be. Its Honestly terrible now. So i set out to find a better alternative. GV is just like the original A-1 flavor, Heinz 57 sucks as a steak sauce. LP is a great marinade, but too thin for a steak sauce, and Giant Brand is by far the best steak sauce ive tested. It has a subtle sweet flavor that just balances everything out. Its soo good i could drink it straight out of the bottle.
20230915-004127.jpg

Last edited:
If you season your steaks well and the steak is of good quality, sauce is a minus

Rump steaks from the pub I cover in gravy tho

If you season your steaks well and the steak is of good quality, sauce is a minus

Rump steaks from the pub I cover in gravy tho
Read my post sherbro. I prefer perfectly cooked rare to med rare steaks with no sauce. But There is a place in my heart as a child for over cooked sirloin steaks with steak sauce. It used to be A-1, but they recently changed their recipe and it taste terrible. I found two steak sauces that are better. One taste just like the Original A-1 before they ruined it. The other is in my opinion better because it has a sublte sweetness to it that blanaces the flavors better.

My god, At least try a steak sauce like GV. If not, I would pick Heinz 57 over Ketchup for steak. ( last resort )
Did they make in more watery? Last bottle seemed watery

Did they make in more watery? Last bottle seemed watery
No not watery, it just has a off taste. Hard to explain. Try GV brand , Its like $2 a bottle. Compare and you will beable to tell the difference.

I wanna know what @Slobodan thinks.
He used to work as a grill cook back in the day while going to night school, in Alabama. Dude knows his sauce.

also grew up on overcooked sirloin. I used BBQ sauce. I've moved on to better things, but probably still wouldn't mind a cheap, overcooked steak smothered in sweat baby rays.

No...... Just no, don't do this .......

I'm working on a new Nike advert it has this picture of a 8 year old gluing together trainers with a rapper doing his thing in the background....... With the above slogan........

Back