Do you hate Nickelback?

I think they suck, but I've also never understood how they're so universally hated on. They write their own music and I don't think they've ever pretended to be anything they're not. There are bands/artists a million times more deserving of hate.

In fairness, Chad Kroeger is supposed to be a pretty easy guy to hate in person.

Good, but generic. And like any mega-successful band, they get a lot hate because of their success.

Hahaha yesss!!! That's an old picture of me though. 2003 to be exact.

Congratulations Professor Wang.

NRF_CRP_John_Wang_2.jpg

As a lot of people said it's a trendy thing to do. It's like hating Vanilla Ice.

Idk why theyre starting shit with slipknot now

I don't hate them, I hate that their music is somehow super successful though. It sucks all kinds of ass.

For some reason we were told that they sucked. Then everyone said they sucked.

I assume John Oliver used them as a punchline once and then his audience simply took over:

Scene around the office watercooler:

Tony (singing softly like he has a song stuck in his head): ".......This is how you remind me....da da da...."

Mary: "Are you singing Nickleback? Nickleback sucks. Did you see that John Oliver made a joke about them on his show last night? It was really funny. I don't really remember the punchline, but it was something to do with ' Canada kept their free healthcare and gave us Nickleback....Ha ha ha"

Tony: "I efffing love John Oliver. Do you remember when he substituted for Jon Stewart when Jon directed that movie once?"

Mary: Yeah. He was funny."

Tony: "I don't own any Nickleback songs on my ipod, but I heard that stupid song on the radio this morning. Now, I can't get that effing song out of my head. Efff Nickleback."

Mary: Yeah, Nickleback sucks."

Frank (in his cubical talking to himself): I kinda like Nickleback, but I'm afraid to say something. I want them to sit next to me in the cafeteria during our lunch break. I guess I'll see what new videos Comedy Central posted on Trevor Noah's Daily Show.

Frank (to the rest of the room): Hey, Mary...Tony....you HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS! Trevor is making Sean Spicer look like a talking plant. This is effing funny!"

They have a couple good songs but most of their music is boring and cheesy. Also can't say I like their texts in general.

I'd probably rather listen to avril lavignes first album forever with no video than one song of nickelsack.

All this sentence does is prove to everyone you simply don't understand the point of music, or any art. Thomas Kinkade makes more money than most real artists do in their careers. But that doesn't mean he's anything more than an assembly line for generic paintings.

Expand your horizons. Listen to some other bands. Shit, Bush, Deftones, Tool, and a myriad of bands from the 90s would probably all have everything you like about 3 days grace and then some. But I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone whose favorite band is 3 days grace. That's like arguing with a flat earther.
So you hate them because they write music that people will like? Of all the reasons possible to dislike someone, this has to be the dumbest one. Music snobs are the strangest group of people. It's like you think music is somehow important. It's not, it's someone singing to a tune so we don't have to drive in silence. No one gives a shit about anything other than a decent tune. Those that do apparently need more going on in their life. It's just music.

So you hate them because they write music that people will like? Of all the reasons possible to dislike someone, this has to be the dumbest one. Music snobs are the strangest group of people. It's like you think music is somehow important. It's not, it's someone singing to a tune so we don't have to drive in silence. No one gives a shit about anything other than a decent tune. Those that do apparently need more going on in their life. It's just music.
No, I hate them because theor music is so boring and mediocre. The reason it is like that is so obviously because they write it with the intention of appealing to the largest audience possible. I don't see why that is hard to understand. I'm not much of a music snob. I listen to almost everything. Just because I disparaged your favorite band doesn't make me a music snob.

My whole point was that I dislike the fact that people think 3 days grace is legit when they are simply another Nickelback. You guys all just proved my point.

No, I hate them because theor music is so boring and mediocre. The reason it is like that is so obviously because they write it with the intention of appealing to the largest audience possible. I don't see why that is hard to understand. I'm not much of a music snob. I listen to almost everything. Just because I disparaged your favorite band doesn't make me a music snob.

My whole point was that I dislike the fact that people think 3 days grace is legit when they are simply another Nickelback. You guys all just proved my point.
You understand they're in "business" to make money?
And to be clear, I'm not a fan nor do I dislike them. I know shit about their music, and I've never even heard of 3 Days Grace.

They make pop rock that clothing stores can play. It's not the worse thing in the world.

I'd probably rather listen to avril lavignes first album forever with no video than one song of nickelsack.
wow that's a strong statement. Avril is shit with no video.

Back