Do you get along with your siblings?

My brother and I were always tight. I was 2 years older and taught him most things about being a man in a tough neighborhood. We are still tight but I'm the older brother in all that we do.

Have an older and a younger sister. It's not that I don't get along with them....I just prefer not to be around them much. They live their lives how they want and I live mine how I want and our paths don't cross very often.

I got one bro I don't see because of his crazy missus. My sister I'm not really that close. I might see her every couple of months. The other bro...Idk if we're really close, we never really talk about shit, just work and sports. I might see him once a week.

I have one older brother who i almost never talk to and an older sister who i rarely talk to. Although its kinda of an odd age difference. They were born in the same year and im sixteen years younger. We never even lived together as kids because they both went to boarding school. Im kinda surprised how many people i know absolutely hate their siblings. I dont hate them just honestly have no reason to talk to them. Anyway what about you guys?

I have a similar situation. I am much younger than my older siblings. One I have not seen or heard from in about 9 years. One I have only spoke to twice in the past 4 years. One I do still talk to regularly though.

my family sucks. I don't talk to my dad or mom. my mom only talks to 2 of her four kids and doesn't talk to her mom or 4 siblings. only a couple of them talk to each other and none talk to the mom.

I don't talk to any of my 3 full blooded siblings, but exchange the occasional hello on facebook or something t my 3 half blooded siblings. my dad talks to 2 of his 5 kids, but they are not close. this is why I don't want my own kids

My brother is an asshole and an alcoholic. Everyone worries about his feelings and tries to placate him, but I've stopped giving a shit. He has been a mean fucker to me for decades and used his 4 years of age on me to bully while growing up.

After 35 years on this planet together I decided I just don't care about him. I was always nice to him, and he was always selfish. If we weren't related and had parents who stressed family functions we would never see each other.

I think he might kill himself soon because of his alcohol problem and mental issues, and I guess I'm too selfish to intervene.

My sister is selfish too, but at least she isn't an asshole. But, she is an entitled cunt who once called me crying that I didn't do enough to help her raise her children.............................. I hung up on her in disgust, as my parents have spent all their money and time helping her raise her children.

I ask nothing of my siblings, and they expect the world from me. And after decades of helping them and being nice they still point the finger at me as if I am the bad guy. However, I got the last laugh. I stopped caring for real, and now I am free of them and their influence.

Feels good.

This sounds like a really similar story to one of my brothers. Except, in his case, instead of being alcohol it's this crazy notion that other people are responsible for all his problems in life.

We get along decently well around each other. We're not best friends in any sense. We don't talk to each other all that often. My sister and I have different personalities. If there is a problem though my sister has always come to help and I am the same with her.

About the only contact I have with my siblings is when they call and want money. My brother tries to be sneaky about it. After not hearing anything from him for over a year, he calls to ask how things are going then makes small talk for a while before ending the call, then calls again a day or to later asking to borrow money.

I have two brothers and I'm the youngest. My oldest brother is my best friend and my middle brother is an asshole.

50/50 ain't bad...

I like my brother and sister more then other members of my family but my older sister tends to piss me off with some of her choices shes made. My younger brother though is just real easy going easy to get along with unless we're working together on the same jobsite and he starts being a smartass.

Me and my sister are civil, but that is the extent of it. We hangout for like family birthdays or holidays, but rarely talk when we don't have to. She is almost six years older and was really rebellious during our prime time of developing a relationship so I didn't see her much at the most opportune timr. By the time she calmed down that ship sailed and any attempt to have a real relationship would've simply been forced.

Yup, close with all 3 of my brothers. I would never hesitate to help them in any situation, whether it's money related or not, and they would do the same.

My wife and her brother live down the street from each other and maybe say 1 word to one another once a year if that. Just a complete opposite way I am with my siblings.

Just recently started texting my brother after 5 years of not talking. He pissed me off after our dad died and I had to do every thing for his estate. Plus he was on h and meth at different times. I have kids now so dont want to be around it, it also might try to pull me back into the drugs/booze.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back