Do you feel nervous and uncomfortable around the police?

I mean yeah..... I'm a minority. Never been arrested but had a few unpleasant run ins and almost got shot once, just because of skin color. I'm smart enough to always remain calm and civil around them, but the less I interact with them the better.

They spend more time cruising around looking for random people to fuck with than anything else in my experience.

Fact: I have never seen the police in my town do anything but pull over black people. I have never seen them ticket the owners of pit bulls walking off leash, pull over white people who were excessively speeding (including myself), or anything useful. They once used the police helicopter to break up a house party and woke everyone in the neighborhood up in the process. The whole reason you break up a house party is so it doesn’t wake everyone up. They have a terrible reputation in my town and I’m afraid it is well earned.

With cops it's easy. Look them in the eye, don't make any quick movements, listen to what they say and don't act like an asshole.

Seeing my recent neighbor punch police, yell at them, get searched and arrested multiple times this year showed me what they have to put up with.

I'm 99% sure you white

It seems that part of being white is being polite with the police. Watching the cop shows you see how people get in trouble. First, don't give them reason to stop you. Follow the law, have your vehicle registered. Check your lights and use turn signals. Don't hang out in high drug use neighborhoods. Don't smoke weed in your car. Anybody can smell it. It seems that many black people don't have a drivers license or any form of identification on them. That immediately raises suspicions that the person is hiding something. Listen to the officer and follow instructions. That seems to be the most difficult thing for black people to do.

On Live PD they followed a car that didn't have any tail lights and tried to pull it over. The vehicle didn't stop and they had to get a second officer. It was an older black woman who got out of her car mad as hell, telling the officers that they were just pulling her over because she is black before even giving the officer a chance to tell her that her tail lights weren't on. The victim culture made her believe they didn't have a reason to stop her. The officer tried to explain that he couldn't tell who was in the car. It took several minutes to cool her down enough to be able to tell her the reason they stopped her.

I have, had times when I've been stopped because "one of your tires looks like it's low pressure" or "one of your headlights seemed brighter than the other". Those all happened when I was young and poor driving a beat up car in a fairly wealthy area. Then there were the times I've been stopped in predominately black neighborhoods just for the "what are you doing in this neighborhood". Always been polite and courteous though, despite what the news would have you believe there are unarmed white people that get shot by the cops too.

I'd say dealing with cops in the south is worse, especially in the small towns.

Yes. When I was younger before I was blessed with Fett jr and baby Fett I was an asshole and junkie. Before cleaning up I spent years in and out of jail and did 18 months in Illinois department of corrections. Since May of 07 I’ve been completely sober and completely compliant with the laws, but whenever I see an officer near me I get quite paranoid. I’ve had enough run ins and have been in some physical confrontations. I never want to leave my kids and I’m always scared a “piano is gonna fall one my head” and everything I’ve worked for will be for naught. So I do everything I can to ensure I never see any trouble.

Good for you man. I really mean it.

I've been a cop for ten years and I was in the Marine Corps prior to that. I haven't had anything to be nervous about around cops in years. That being said, other than the occasional house party and trying weed once or twice in high school, I was a complete square jock growing up.

Last edited:
My cousin's a police officer. I've hung around lot of cops most of my adult life. They're just regular people.

I'm rarely committing crimes in public so usually if I see any police around I'll pretend I don't even notice them because I'm too innocuous to even be on the lookout, and they probably see that and nod their heads and say I'm a good dude.

I've been caught speeding shitloads of times though, as well as overtaking where I shouldn't be, but I'm always polite and admit that I'm a dumbass and they've always taken it easy on me.

I'd say I'm white, but I'm also British and in this part of Canada Brits have a huge reputation for being gaping assholes who need to be purged from society. So I'm not sure if white privilege is even a factor and it's just that I'm that likeable a guy

Always.
Not a criminal and still get harassed and threatened or bothered by them.
The few times my wide has called them they did nothing and we have things on video and audio. Still they do nada. Told her not to bother she wouldnt listen until this year.

I have nothing to hide, so no.

In fact, as I've gotten older, I've come to be skeptical of a lot of things they do. I'm not gonna lie, if have no patience for disrespectful cops that take their job too serious, especially because I'm not a criminal. I've gotten into verbal tussles with cops that try to get high and mighty with me for no reason.
Hell yah man- that’s that shit I don’t like

I always feel like they're gonna give me some shit for something I didn't do.

Not really, probably because I'm white and live in a country where they usually aren't complete cunts.

I've always been curious about how driving while black works. I can't figure out anyone's skin color while driving behind them unless the vehicle is just over-the-top stereotypical.

Do cops run random tags and when they find the car of a black their computer starts making slot machine sounds? Or do they some type of x-ray vision to see through window tint? Or, unbeknownst to them, blacks have some type of star of David type thing on their vehicles?

Oh yeah, I get nervous but I'm also overly polite and I keep my hand on the steering wheel/in clear view, and repeat their instructions while letting them know if I'm reaching for identification or registration. Seems to work out...I get a little pissy once the fart snorkeler decides to give me a ticket for my frivolous offense.

I’m black and have never been mistreated by the police.

A lot of black people have an unnatural hatred of the police from the media or stories of their criminal family members who are mistreated.

I only get a bit nervous because I fear they’ve been hardened by a career of confrontation guys who look like me and situations can escalate quickly or get ugly or misunderstood fast.

A lot of black people have an unnatural hatred of the police from the media or stories of their criminal family members who are mistreated.

I only get a bit nervous because I fear they’ve been hardened by a career of confrontation guys who look like me and situations can escalate quickly or get ugly or misunderstood fast.
Aren't you Canadian?

I do have a natural apprehension when near them. It's just that feeling of people having that much power over me and while it may be uncommon it actuality, we've all seen the videos of when things go wrong when they shouldn't have... and this is from someone who's never had any trouble with LEO in the past.

Ive never had a bad experience with a cop man.... I really dont get all this media shit about cops being the enemy... if you are cordial, speak with manners and are respectful (as you should be with everybody by the way) then cops are the same way with you; and Ive had cops called to my house on domestic violence calls by my bat shit crazy ex girlfriend.... even then I always opened the door, told them what happened and they never touched me, raised their voice or anything like that.

If you are an uneducated idiot who dont know how to speak like a normal person like Nate Diaz or any of those idiots who are always praising idiots like that, then sure, expect to be treated like an uneducated person too. Is it the cop? nope, I think its on you!

Never been a fan of the police but I don't hate them as much as I did growing up. Come to think of it, I never really 'hated' cops just always been very weary of them being a black fella. First interaction I had with a police officer was after I witnessed a gang shooting on my way to school in 4th grade.

As I got older and bigger, I guess I became more of a threat so I was always getting looks from police officers but I was never harassed that much. I remember this asshole cop trying to accuse me of trying to solicit a prostitute outside of a Plaid Pantry store. Not much else though.

I've never been a confrontational person and am usually very polite and respectful to the police. Not a lot of black folk due to one) being constantly pulled over and harassed by the police and two) they watch all the media about police officers shooting unarmed black people and try to play off of that to be disrespectful to law enforcement.

I feel you. It's justifiable that we as black people be a little apprehensive when dealing with police officers just given the history of racial profiling and shootings. However, I've also seen the way some folks talk to cops with little to no respect and a small situation can turn into a big one. Sometimes I think a lot of people (young black men especially) don't respect the police officers authority and get into power struggles with them. And sometimes cops can be racist dickheads on a power trip.

Back