Do you deep fry?

Deep fryers kill 5 Americans every single year. Too dangerous.

Hydrogenated oils are terrible for the body. Not too mention when fried and turned carcinogenic even more so.

I deep fried some nice chicken this evening - but then made shit of it by pouring some horrid sauce over.

I had to wash it before I could eat it.

Still though - deep frying will be a staple part of my cooking moving forward.

More deep fry ideas, throw them out there.

I remember having deep fried eggs in thailand before.
Fucking delicious they were.
But they were also sweet, as I recall.

How do you like it?

I think I want one but I'm weary of how the food would turn out, plus even the 6qt seems to have a small basket.

I love mine. Don't use it as often as when I first bought it, but that's mostly because I'm busier.

A lot of times I'm not using it for dishes I made from scratch though (due to laziness). But here's the thing I found. You know all those kinda junky snacks in the frozen food aisle of your grocery store? They come out way better in the actifry than they do from the oven.

What I have realized is that conventional ovens ruin some things because they don't cook evenly. Say for example you have chicken wings on a tray in your oven. One side is touching the hot tray, the other side isn't. It's only heated by the air. Even if you flip halfway through, you don't get an even cook. So things come out tasting ok, but not great.

The t-fal eliminates that. The hot air rapidly circulates and the food keeps slowly moving in the other direction. And the even cooking is really one big advantage that traditional frying has. It's not just the oil.

Speaking of oil. I never use it in mine. The stuff I buy from the store (fries, hash browns, chicken strips/nuggets etc.) already have oil in them, so no need for more.

I don't use oil when making some fresh dishes either. I love making my own wings and there's enough juices inside to keep them nice and moist without adding any oil. I had to try a few recipes to get them perfect though.

Well, shit, that turned out longer than I thought.

Last edited:
I'm from The South...

We deep fry everything. No wonder obesity is so rampant around here.

Xk5JTcNxEvJrq.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back