Do these guys that go on Dr. Phil and admit to crimes go to jail?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I mean this guy is admitting to beating and raping his gf. WTF? Do people go to jail for this? I don't see how they couldn't. I hope they throw these guys in prison

Edit: Dr. Phil just said something like " I should have you prosecuted" as if he somehow has that power. Does this somehow fall under Dr. patient privilege?

Last edited:
I mean this guy is admitting to beating and raping his gf. WTF? Do people go to jail for this? I don't see how they couldn't. I hope they throw these guys in prison

Edit: Dr. Phil just said something like " I should have you prosecuted" as if he somehow has that power. Does this somehow fall under Dr. patient privlige?
that is interesting...

i dont watch alot of these things, but surely theres like a waiver signed before to protect the people coming on and talking? i dont know why i think that, specially with the case you mentioned of the dude raping his gf.. but even if you say something, you will need acknowledgement from the second party right before the third party being the cops and the law step in? the chick would have to go and press charges right for the law to get involved?

why wouldnt she press charges before this guy comes on tv and says it? but why the fuck would he say it on tv to start off with.

i think alot of entertainment and ratings man. not dismissing this case as entertainment, but the jon bonet case. you know the family fucking did something to that young girl. and still they just get the son on tv just to talk some stuff in a creepy way and deny all allegations. ratings and money.

who was the dude today? just some random guy or a kindof celebrity or someone of stature?

that is interesting...

i dont watch alot of these things, but surely theres like a waiver signed before to protect the people coming on and talking? i dont know why i think that, specially with the case you mentioned of the dude raping his gf.. but even if you say something, you will need acknowledgement from the second party right before the third party being the cops and the law step in? the chick would have to go and press charges right for the law to get involved?

why wouldnt she press charges before this guy comes on tv and says it? but why the fuck would he say it on tv to start off with.

i think alot of entertainment and ratings man. not dismissing this case as entertainment, but the jon bonet case. you know the family fucking did something to that young girl. and still they just get the son on tv just to talk some stuff in a creepy way and deny all allegations. ratings and money.

who was the dude today? just some random guy or a kindof celebrity or someone of stature?
Random dude. But how could any waiver with any party dismiss rape charges? Its not like the police are gonna sign a waiver

Random dude. But how could any waiver with any party dismiss rape charges? Its not like the police are gonna sign a waiver
a waiver between the tv station, production crew, dr phill and this dude coming on tv. the cops dont need to be in on that waiver.

are these cases like first at police attention and then bought on to the show?

just looking at this...

http://www.drphil.com/shows/1843/

this was like a story of a girls brother being interrogated bout killing her. so it was in police and the courts hands before being taken to dr phil.

and drawing back to the jon bonet story. that family was cleared of all charges, so the brother had nothing to worry about, cept for admitting he did it, which even then, who knows if he and the dad would have been charged since the mom passed and cant be held accountable anymore.

i find this very interesting and am taking your side of view. im just trying to think or justify reasons why this isnt the case.

who knows, maybe straight after the show when the dude went in the green room there were cops waiting with hand cuffs, a orange jumpsuit and like 10 large german shepards!

a waiver between the tv station, production crew, dr phill and this dude coming on tv. the cops dont need to be in on that waiver.
No private parties cant negate the law. The law is the law. They should have no say in whether or not hes commited a crime.

Saying you did a thing is not the same as being recorded or witnessed doing it, and not the same as someone filing charges against you. Let's assume that the cops arrested him for saying he assaulted and raped his gf. In order for him to be found guilty of the crimes, prosecutors need to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt, and that all they have to go on is Dr. Phil is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. A person's confession on Dr. Phil s not enough to get a conviction, because they can just say they were lying. Where is the proof? If he'd raped his gf on Dr. Phil that would be a different story.

So forget the so-called confession and now let's assume that the cops try to gather evidence, like by talking to the gf. It starts to cost a bunch of time and money, and most of the time the gf doesn't want to press charges. Admitting on Dr. Phil to a crime that in some cases results in a life sentence is very stupid, but it doesn't hold water as indictable nearly as much as people think.

Last edited:
No private parties cant negate the law. The law is the law. They should have no say in whether or not hes commited a crime.
yeah, the law is the law, but what bout all those jerry springer odd stories.

beastiality.

enhanced-buzz-21481-1360624656-5.jpg

incest.

enhanced-buzz-23250-1360709616-1.jpg

i know i know, nothing in the nature of what you are discussing, cept the incest.. but that could be your neighbors joe and jill just coming on tv pretending to be mom and son.

all im saying is who is actually validating the credibility of what these people are saying?

It's not as easy to prosecute someone as you'd think. A confession on an entertainment talk show is not going to cut it.

@grinderman is pretty much correct. A lot of these incidents have been through the police prior to being on tv. Not to mention, the guy can say that he did that all that he wants, if there's a lack of physical evidence and the victim denies it or refuses to cooperate you really don't have a case in court.

It's not as easy to prosecute someone as you'd think. A confession on an entertainment talk show is not going to cut it.
To Catch a Predator is a prime example. They get arrested, have emails/texts and are caught in a sting, but the rate of convictions were really low.

I'm sure the shit on daytime talk shows is 100% legit and in no way embellished/fabricated.

Back