Do the UFC have too many fighters?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Over 500 fighters I believe, no wonder we're getting cards almost every weekend. Some still haven't even fought yet or have bad records. Do you see this as a problem on why we have some underwhelming fight cards each week?

Are you complaining about MORE fight cards?
<bball1>

Either way the only downsizing I’m for is to remove Men’s FLW and WMMA spam from the UFC.

Not enough belts imo. Everybody knows that more belts = more PPV buys.

Over 500 fighters I believe, no wonder we're getting cards almost every weekend. Some still haven't even fought yet or have bad records. Do you see this as a problem on why we have some underwhelming fight cards each week?
You can't have only fighters with great record.
In a fight, someone will win and someone will lose.

Quality over Quanity for me so YES too many bums

Aren't there about 450 NBA players?

that's a lot of fighters.

Yeah, they should have 50 fighters constantly fighting for a belt.

Yes. It's hard to keep track of all of them. I watch every card including the prelims and I often don't remember a thing about newer fighters that have fought once or even twice before. Fighters were much more memorable when the roster was smaller.

Plus there are a bunch of fighters now that should still be competing in the smaller leagues.

with a card every other week, they kinda need to.

Yes..They have way too many old phuckers that need to throw in the towel

yeah, too many fighters, not enough WMMA tho

they don't need to cut the number of fight cards, just the number of fights, 13 fights every weekend is madness, 10 or 11 would be fine..

They need far more divisions so they can pass out even more belts. Then they can have a championship every single week! New divisions:

Mens

Womens

Over 500 fighters I believe, no wonder we're getting cards almost every weekend.

Cards every weekend... but that's the last thing we want!! :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Cards every weekend... but that's the last thing we want!! :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

i don t think that having a card every week is a problem, i think the problem is that the talent pool is simply not big enough to provide good fights every weekend lol
that s why we have wmma
nowadays some fighters in the ufc are just awful, i think i m not alone thinking that less cards but keeping only the best fighters would be all right
being in the ufc today is not impressive, in the past only the bests got a shot when they proved themselves
500 fighters, but no rory and gegard...
it s not about having the bests fighters fighting each others nowadays, and alot of us don t like that

More depth = more talent = better fights = better sport (in the long run, when all the weak guys are cut and the top of the crop remains, we will have more top-10 caliber fighters than EVER.)

simple

Back