Do the families of HS boys who are victimized by female teacher get to sue the school?

ConnorMacGregod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah true many of these teachers are pretty damn good looking and stupid for going after these adult teens. But do you think the boys family should be able to sue the school if more than likely the teens did not have a problem with sex with the female teacher?

Someone's teacher gave them a blowie ........

Sure, because that's what the US needs, more stupid law suits. It's not the schools' fault. This idea that EVERYONE is to blame for every damn thing that happens needs to stop.

Another 10 years or so and they'll start.

Yes. Bad question. And your assumption that boys by default want to be sexually coerced by their teachers is also bad.

Even so, thread is kind of hot.

Yeah true many of these teachers are pretty damn good looking and stupid for going after these adult teens. But do you think the boys family should be able to sue the school if more than likely the teens did not have a problem with sex with the female teacher?

Only if they were ugly

Yes, they should be able to sue. However if the kid marries the teacher when she's released from prison, they have to give any money they won back.

I don't see why the parents would have a case. That's kind of presuming the school knew they had hired a sexual predator and did nothing about it until she molested a student.

I don't see why the parents would have a case. That's kind of presuming the school knew they had hired a sexual predator and did nothing about it until she molested a student.

The teacher is an employee of the school. I'm not really understanding your logic here. Our other office had someone steal $60k from clients. Should our company not be liable for that since it was an act by her? She passed all background checks, worked 15+ years without incident, etc. It was an act by her, but by her as an agent for our company.

Vicarious liability. Employers are responsible for the actions of their employees.

Vicarious liability. Employers are responsible for the actions of their employees.

A lot depends on how the teacher was acting though, an affair carried on outside of school hours for example would be considered a personal action on their part.

The teacher is an employee of the school. I'm not really understanding your logic here. Our other office had someone steal $60k from clients. Should our company not be liable for that since it was an act by her? She passed all background checks, worked 15+ years without incident, etc. It was an act by her, but by her as an agent for our company.

Yeah but your case had a tangible amount they could sue for.

If a teacher was stealing money through school resources yeah.

In this case I think any lawsuit should be limited to the cost of any psychiatric care needed unless it can be proven the school knew the teacher was banging kids and in that case you can go after punitive damages.

Hard to say really, because I have daughters and would try to sue the shit outta the school, but would probably high five a son for bagging a smoke show.

Teacher in high school always called me into her office after school for "conversations" about my "behaviour". She would sit across from me not saying anything for extended pauses. Looking out the window.

Was weird.

Teacher in high school always called me into her office after school for "conversations" about my "behaviour". She would sit across from me not saying anything for extended pauses. Looking out the window.

Was weird.

Did you guys have sex?

On school grounds or with the person acting in that effect, makes sense. I guess the employer "should have known".

But usually don't these sort of things begin as flirtations on school grounds and then continue "offline" so to speak? I dunno, obviously I'm not a lawyer but it just seems like an absurd amount of onus is placed on employers to thought-police their employees or scrutinize every detail of their behaviour at all times...

No. They just get hi fives from their dad.

Back