Do remove labels and caps before recycling bottles?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
plastic or glass water, pop, gatorade bottles, etc....

Do you remove the sticky labels or the bottle caps? or leave them all on?

You’re supposed to remove the caps. Labels are fine.

I recycle all the time and I have never heard of this, although I dont really use plastic bottles for anything.

You’re supposed to remove the caps. Labels are fine.

really? if you dont though.. do they remove them? or just throw away the whole bottle?

what should I do with the caps? put them in the trash?

really? if you dont though.. do they remove them? or just throw away the whole bottle?

Oh I don’t know. I take my bottles to the depot and they don’t accept them if they have caps. I imagine if your recycling gets picked up then they’d have workers remove them.

Caps are garbage as far as I know.

My weekly trash consists of two recycling cans filled with beer cans and wine bottles and a trash can with a half a bag of trash in it.

If you have to remove the caps from plastic bottles wouldn't you also have to then remove the ring that breaks off from the cap when you break the seal when first drinking the soda?

Template to add label to water bottle

water-bottle-labels-template-shining-inspiration-0-label-templates-printable.jpg

If you remove the label, they won't give you back your $.05. You are supposed to remove the plastic cap which is a different plastic.

If you have to remove the caps from plastic bottles wouldn't you also have to then remove the ring that breaks off from the cap when you break the seal when first drinking the soda?
Stop being difficult /:<

I vaguely remember the news said schools and goodwill were accepting the caps because they somehow recycle them separately from the bottles.

Here we leave the labels and caps on. The caps and labels are supposedly now made from the same type of plastic in various colors. I suspect the places that want the caps off do it to make the bottles easier to crush or it's from a time when different plastics were used.

Who cares? That's a problem for someone making $7.50 an hour.

<DisgustingHHH>

Merry Christmas, plebs.

hell no i open the cap a bit squeeze all the air out and tighten it back up.

It crushes the bottle making it so i have more room in the bin.

They have workers that sort through all that stuff. As long as you are putting it out you are doing your part. imo

hell no i open the cap a bit squeeze all the air out and tighten it back up.

It crushes the bottle making it so i have more room in the bin.

They have workers that sort through all that stuff. As long as you are putting it out you are doing your part. imo
Recycling employees these days have attitudes and won't hesitate to bounce your recyclables if no label, if too dirty, if big bottles not separated from normal bottles.

No, I can't change now... it's gone on for too long

It depends from place to place. Some places do not accept them with the caps on but I found a place that will take them so I just go there. Taking off the caps is a fucking hassle and a waste of time.

Back